𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔

─── ・ 。゚♡: *

─── ・ 。゚♡: *.☽ .* :♡ ˚。・ ───

My body froze in place, now filled to the brim with fear as it began to shiver lightly — My mind was unsure what to think now.

Alice was now facing me — her expression softened as she analyzed the pure terror that was written across my face.

The moment she uttered the words "Please don't be afraid of me," the myth I had no intention of believing was now confirmed — she was a vampire.

"Y—You're." I trailed off, unable to finish my sentence.

"Scarlett, it's okay." Alice quickly assured, gently raising out her hands towards me.

"Please don't hurt me." I pleaded, my voice remaining low as my body began to step further away from Alice.

"I promise I won't ever say anything to anybody," I stammered. "Please don't—"

"I would never hurt you, Scarlett." Her soft voice replied, appearing genuine. "Please, I promise you that you're safe."

She stepped a few inches closer to me — still keeping her distance.

"But, I thought that..." I gulped, furrowing my brows. "I thought vampires were only known to eat—"

"We do." She confirmed calmly, sending another wave of chills down my spine. "But our family is different from those of our kind — we only hunt and drink the blood of animals."

Hearing this information made my fear decrease by a small amount — yet, I still felt more afraid than ever.

"So," I paused, my breath was heavy as I tried to speak. "Y—You're not going to drink... my blood?"

I could not believe I was asking a question such as this.

"No, of course not." She quickly assured me, shaking her head. "We don't feed on humans, and I would never do that to you, Scarlett — I could never imagine hurting you in any way."

As I continued to stare back at Alice — eyes still widened as my breath started to slow down — The wind began to pick up as it blew between the many trees that surrounded us, causing several dark orange leaves to blow off the old branches and onto the ground already covered in them.

"Why?" I managed to utter.

"Why what?" She asked, raising a brow in confusion.

"Why would you not hurt me?" I clarified my question. "I know you claim to not drink the blood of humans, but... why would you care to keep me alive, considering I now know what you are?"

Alice kept silent for a moment, before gazing her eyes into mine.

"Because you're very important to me, Scarlett." She answered slowly. "It's hard for me to explain... but I want you to trust that I would never ever hurt you — no matter what."