College Life

music:
* Passionfruit by Drake
* Come They by Drake

"Could you even be moving any slower?" I ask my brother as I down the window of the car to stick my head out, trying to look for him

"Could you even be moving any slower?" I ask my brother as I down the window of the car to stick my head out, trying to look for him.  "Why are you even excited? Your fucking hell is about to start." He answers back, closing the trunk door and finally coming inside. He thinks that just because his first year sucked, everyone else's are going to aswell. He is a sophmore now.

I roll my eyes at him and wave once more goodbye to my family. They wave back as tears flood their eyes.

My mom and dad are everything to me, and they have always been. I love them more than I love myself. My dad is literally my best friend, we have a bond that could never break. He's a NHL coach, that's where my obsession with hockey started. The moment I knew how to walk, I knew how to skate.

My eyes wander to the AUX, and I immediately pull out my phone and connect to it.

I hear my brother groan as I start to play shuffle on my playlist, but in 10 minutes he is singing his heart out to Drake just like I am.

The college is 8 hours away from home, so that is a really long drive.  We left at 11AM, so we're arriving around 7pm.

The drive is fun for the first half, until I get tired and my brother starts to talk about how miserable it will be.
"Im serious Rory, the place is a fucking nightmare. They will give out homework like it depends on their lives and they will hate you for it. It's not high school anymore, do you get that? You can't miss class whenever you want, or skip a quiz because you feel like it." My brother is a meanie.

I'm not proud of my past, but at least I can tell some sick stories about my life. My brother goes to the same college as I am about to go into, he does Law and I am starting to do sports administration. We have one other friend in common in there, Anthony. He was my classmate in elementary school, but in high school he left to another state. We kept some contact but not a lot, however i'm still excited to see him around.

My brother says he changed schools because of the bullying, that's very likely right. Since a little kid we all knew he was gay, and as he grew older he confirmed it, but classmates always gave him a hard time about it. Me and Daphne tried out best to stop it, but no one listened.

Daphne is my soulmate, my other half, my best friend for life. It's been me and her since the crib and it will always be. She has an older brother, Michael, but we all just call him Mikey.

Daphne and Mikey are in the same college as us, and the rivarly here between the teams is awesome. I love competitions, mainly because I never lose.

Mikey and me are friends, in high school he tried hitting on me for a while but I never answered back and I never will. Don't get me wrong, he is hot but he is also my best friend's brother.

My own brother said that the people on college are fun, nice, and that at least the guys there are all party animals. I guess I'm going to the right college.