Home for the Holidays

December 21, 2023

Much like Santa, we've been busy all year putting together a range of new features to make your time on Home that much more enjoyable.

We listened to your comments, gathered up the team, and went back to our workshop to build some treats for you. But we were just too excited to share them, so we released them throughout the year instead of making you wait for the holiday season. So let's take this moment at the end of the year to look back on the new and improved Home

Top 10 list

Top 10 list

Miss out on a trend? As if! You're the type of reader that likes to be on top of things. You know the stories that everyone's talking about or the stories that they should be talking about. You love knowing what everyone else is reading and whether there's anything new you can add to your Library. Sound familiar?
Then the Top 10 List* is the place for you. It's a collection of the most popular and trending reads in your country — all in real time. With this list, you'll get multiple opportunities each day to know what stories have got readers in your area hooked.

* Currently only available in the U.S., U.K., Philippines, Canada, and India — and expanding to more countries soon!

Based on Genres You Love

You just finished a story – It's funny, it's dangerous, it's got a strong main character, and it was in your favorite genre. Now, you're left wondering what's next. Don't worry, we've got you covered! This row shares a series of personalized recommendations based on story genres that you love. Whether you're figuring out whodunnit, caught up in a will-they-won't-they romance, on the edge of your seat with a paranormal tale (or all of the above!) – this is the place to be.

Explore Wattpad Originals

While the holidays may be full of familiar traditions, this row is here to add the sparkle of newness to your reading routine. Visit this spot on Home for a range of hot and curated quality reads on Wattpad. And best of all? There are new and free parts dropping weekly!
If you're the type of reader who can never have too many recommendations, consider this list a handpicked variety of some new reads to consider – from us to all of you.

Continue Reading

Now that you've gathered a whole range of new stories to read and add to your Library, the Continue Reading feature makes sure you never lose your place. Sometimes, when you're lost in a great story, the real world comes knocking. Now with this feature, when you're ready to jump back into your story and the delicious fictional world, you can pick up where you left off—and easily see which of your recent reads have new parts available.

We hope you've been exploring these new discovery opportunities on Home throughout the year. May they continue to bring you the joy of new stories, adventures, and the thrill of escapism this holiday season and into the New Year.

So get comfortable, curl up in your favorite reading spot, and pick up where you left off in your latest story – or, discover a new one!

Welcome home, we're glad you're here.