Part 2

She had changed into simple and comfortable clothes. She was neatly keeping her jewelry while waiting for her eight-hour-old husband.

Just like the living room, his room was empty too. No decoration just plain white walls. He didn't even have a picture of himself hung anywhere in the house.

She sighed, sitting on the bed waiting for him. The room didn't have that nuptial feel. There were no flowers and absolutely no trace of welcoming a new member. Not that she wanted it. She was quite relaxed about it.

The door opened when she was playing with her bangles, There stood her handsome husband with two plates in his hand. He carefully placed it on the bed beside her and stood straight before her. His hair was falling on his forehead, his sherwani buttons were undone and it looked messy like he wiped his hands on it numerous times. His eyes looked droopy, he seemed tired. And why not, after all, he drove the car home. His home. Now their home.

"I thought you might be hungry. Since it was late I just made something light. But if you are hungry then I will make something else " He said in his gentle voice.

Ruchi couldn't help but pass him a sweet smile. He looked so cute, just like a child. "Thank you! This is enough. Let's eat" She told him in the same gentle voice.

His smile flattered looking at her smiling. He thanked her mother for telling him what she liked. He looked at her again, the orange-red vermillion on the partition of her hair, the small beaded nuptial chain on her neck. Oh! He felt bubbles inside his heart. Her face was glowing and looking at her his face was glowing too.

"You start, I will just change " He started going towards the closet when he heard her sweet voice "I will wait for you".

I will wait for you!

His heart started running a marathon. The realization dawned upon him, now there will be someone who will wait for him. Who will look up to him.  But will he be able to keep her happy like she was at her parent's place?

She was her father's princess, though he still didn't know why her father gave his so precious daughter to him. She deserved a prince for herself, A sweet, handsome, and lovely prince who would have loved her. Instead, he got her marriage arranged that too with an average employee of his.

But now that the princess was his, he decided to be that prince for her.

He changed into a comfortable shirt and a pair of casual pants. With little nervousness in his heart, he walked to her. And as she said, she was waiting for him. He sat beside her maintaining a decent distance.

She took the first bite, "It's good" she said looking at him with her sweet smile for the second time in the day.
He shyly nodded at her.

In the silence, they finished the food stealing a few glances at each other.
"I will take it" She said as he was about to get up to keep the dishes. And before he could say anything, she beat him to it, "Let me do it you are tired too". Though he let her take the dish. He trailed behind her when she was doing the dishes. He silently stood beside her watching her after asking her numerous times to let him do it.

He mentally made a note to hire a house help as soon as possible. He didn't have one till now. He lived alone and he was enough to clean it that is another thing that he cleaned his flat once a week except for the dishes.

But now that she was going to live with him he couldn't afford to burden her with house chores. He felt guilty for letting her do the house chores. There were fair chances, that she might have not done it back at her home. He didn't want her to unnecessarily stress about it at his home.

Also, she will be joining her job. Though her father owned such a big organization still she chose to work independently at some other organization.

"Done!" His revivre broke listening to his wife wiping her wet palms on her dress.

Cute!

He thought following her towards their room, "Is that room empty? " She pointed towards the other room.

"Yeah! " He said recalling if he ever opened that room.

And that made him conscious, that might be dirty and he was in no mood to embarrass himself in front of his newlywed wife yet again on the same day.

"Let's sleep." He spoke desperately. Not wanting her to go and check the room.

He decided to wake up early and clean the room first thing in the morning before she woke up.

She nodded and moved inside the room while he did a second check on the door if it was locked.

He came into the room to find his wife on a call. Without disturbing her, he silently slipped into the blanket, resting his body on the mattress.

"Yes, Mummy. Take Care of yourself now. Don't worry about me. Take your medicines on time " Her voice sounded croaked.

His heart heaved listening to her. Her family must be missing her.

Slowly she started sniffing, "I am fine and happy. Take care of your health, Papa. I love you"

He felt uneasy, her tears were making him restless. He wished he could do something about it.

I will ask her if she wants to visit her parents.

He thought and suddenly heard her chuckle in between her cries, "Yes! Yes! "

Minutes later, she forwarded her phone to him, "Papa wants to talk to you"

Alerted, he immediately sat up taking her phone in his hands. He heard her father as soon as he kept the phone near his ears, "How are you, Son? "

His lips curved into a small smile listening to him, "I am fine, Sir. How are you? " He replied in his usual polite tone.

He heard a chuckle from the other side, "So you will still call me 'Sir' "

He said nothing and kept holding the phone close with a gentle smile.

"Take care of yourselves, you both. And don't forget to remember me whenever you need anything. You might call me sir but the truth remains the same you are my son now. " He used his bossy tone now and that made his employee quickly nod his head in yes, "I will remember it".

He heard him chuckle again and after some more talk, they finally called it a night.

He looked at his wife who was sleeping peacefully beside him.

His wife. His family.

He slept too gazing at her gorgeous face.