Part 3

He was making breakfast for both of them. He did wake up early to clean the spare room. It didn't have many things and was not that dirty as well so it took him less time to clean than he expected it to be.

He then took a bath and was here, in the kitchen making breakfast for both of them.

He was almost done when he heard pleasant anklets noise making him turn his head towards their room and there he found his wife standing in front of him adorned in a pretty red saree. But not pretty than his wife.

Mesmerizing

That is what she looked like in heavy bridal bangles and nuptial jewelry.

She looked just like an angel. His hands stopped as he kept gazing at his wife. His heartbeat almost stopped, it was difficult to look away from her.

"Good Morning" His dreamy gaze fluttered hearing her voice.

He realized what he was doing, he cleared his throat "G... Good Morning".

He put his gaze back at the dish he was making. He thought he made her uncomfortable but her heated cheeks said otherwise.

She took slow steps towards him. Now that he was busy, she took her sweet time admiring her husband. He had a black T-shirt on his chest and his slightly wet hair was falling on his forehead.

He looked so handsome and that made her blush more.

"What shall I do? " She asked after a moment of silence between them.

"Sit there and relax. I am almost done" He spoke in his usual polite tone.

But she was reluctant, he was tired too and since last night he had been trying to do everything himself. She didn't want to be a burden on him. She definitely didn't want him to think of her as an unnecessary addition to his life.

She quickly went ahead to set the table for them.

He was done and finally, they had their breakfast while stealing glances at each other.

They were still not used to conversations until necessary. Though they got two months of courtship period they still didn't talk much. They just went out twice, once for their outfit shopping that too with her family. Other times they went to a cafe but her cousins joined shortly not letting them talk and continued asking them for something or other.

None of them seemed talkative to the other.

"I was thinking of decorating the room a bit. Only if you don't mind. " She cautiously asked him who stood beside her while she was adamantly doing the dishes.

"The whole house is yours. Change whatever you like" He said looking into her eyes that made her immediately shift her gaze timidly.

His eyes wandered around the house and it did look dull. Only white walls, two chairs, and a bed. That was all he had. That too he purchased recently. Including the flat.

Earlier he was living in a 1BHK flat with the least possible things. He felt there was no need for the things. Anyway, most of the time he spent was in the office. And then his focus was on the work more. He neither had those close friends with whom he could share a weekend or invite them over to his house.

So he just stuck with basic things.

But then one day his boss asked him to marry his daughter. He didn't know what to say. He didn't have a clue what the reply should be.

He had seen her only a countable number of times. Whenever there was any festival celebrated in the office. She was always in a protective embrace of her father and brother. They always treated her like a glass door. It was clear she was the most loved, the princess of the house, and that is what made him more conscious and afraid.

He doubted if he could ever keep her as happy as her family. That was the major reason why he was reluctant to this marriage.

"Do you have a favorite color? " She asked not lifting her gaze to his. She was shy. Especially after he looked directly into her eyes.

He gazed at her blushing face making the corners of his lips stretch up.
"Blue maybe? " Well, he didn't really have a favorite color.

He was still trying to remember if he had a favorite color and a distant memory of him liking pink color resurfaced. He saw hazy images of a child with a hand dipped in pink color. But he couldn't remember anything clearly.

Shaking his head, "And yours? " He asked her.

"All" She replied quickly.

"All? " He asked amused.

"Yes. All I just love colors " Indeed she did after all she was a graphic designer. He nodded in understanding.

No doubt.

Her life and her profession both were colorful she was bound to like all colors.

"I will be joining back my work after two weeks. " She spoke as she wiped the last plate.

He nodded again" I will drop you".

"I know driving " She smiled informing him maybe he didn't know that about her.

"I have only one car. But if you want you can take it. My office is anyways near from here. " He replied embarrassed.

Ruchi regretted her words as she looked at his embarrassed face.

"No, I meant. How about I in the morning and you in the evening? " She tried her best to manipulate her sentence to not make him feel small. It was not her intent. She was just telling him about her.

" Oh! I am fine with the arrangement." He tried to smile at her but failed.

"I was just trying to keep the conversation going. Trust me I don't even enjoy driving that much. I was just telling you that I know how to drive. I was not trying to belittle you. I am sorry if you felt like that" She felt the desperate need to explain herself at his sullen face.

"Oh no! I am sorry, I took the wrong meaning of your words " He was more embarrassed now.

And then there was awkward silence for some time.

"Let's stroll outside. I will show you around". He cleared his throat, trying to change the topic.

She nodded, following him outside their flat.