Part 9

"W... What did I do? " She asked.

"I mean what did you call me? " He asked excitedly.

She looked at him suspiciously and said unsure "S... Samridh ji? "

His mind goes haywire, "Say it again"

"Samridh ji"

"Again"

"Oh, god! Samridh ji" She squealed as he hugged her.

"My name sounds so good from your mouth" He whispered. And after a minute he asked to repeat his name.

"But I said it before too"

"I must have missed it but now I can't. Please say it again" He broke the hug the moment he realized he was crushing her being on top of her.

"Samridh ji" She giggled calling him again as his face didn't leave that adorable goofy grin.

Ruchi kept looking at his lovely, smiley face wondering if he was the same Samridh she was married to. The quiet, introverted techie.

Maybe he was always like this and just needed someone with him so he could let his guard down and act like himself. 

"Again," He said lying down on the bed and pulling her over his side.

She kept her head on his chest and hugged him through his torso, "Enough, Samridh Ji"

Chuckling at her whining, he let it go for the day.

One day you will just keep saying my name.

He shook his head immediately to let go of his thoughts.

They were lying down in complete silence. When Ruchi lifted her head to check on him. He raised his eyebrows under her gaze.

"Today I met a women" She said lying down again in his chest.

"You went out? " His brows furrowed in confusion. She was new here and he hoped she didn't face any trouble.

She shook her head at his question, "I just went down to stroll in the park"
Her voice wavering as she contemplated whether she should tell him or not.

"Are you fine?" He asked placing his finger below her chin and making her look at him when he found her quiet for more than a minute.

Her eyes turned watery as she narrated the incident.

Samridh immediately sat up with her in his arms rubbing her back. He didn't know what to say but he knew that it affected his wife.

She hid her face in his chest. Clutching his shirt in her fist she finally asked in a whisper, "W... What if we turn l... Like them? "

Something unexplainable surged through his veins and he clutched her to his body. "I will not let any trouble pass through you. Even if we grow out of spark, we will decide together. I will not let you suffer silently. " Only he knew how he said those words. He knew for a fact, he knew the spark for her would never grow out.

He will not let that spark get out. She was the first woman in his life and the last too. He was sure he was going to fall for her but never fall out of their marriage for anyone else. He was a mature man and he knew what was he feeling with her in his arms. She didn't have the slightest of idea that he had already planned their future.

No way in hell he was getting her away from him.

"I am glad you shared your worry with me. Keep doing it in the future too, we will not let our relationship fall apart. Got it, princess? " He cupped her face as if talking to a child.

She chuckled at his last sentence and replied, "Yes, Prince"

His heart did a happy dance at her words. He was not shy before but now he was wondering what this girl was doing to him.

He kept admiring her. "Aap mughe bahut yaad aae aaj " The words slipped his mouth. And as he felt her heated cheeks he knew it was late to rephrase the sentence. He was not afraid of his confessions or showing his likeness. But only afraid it will make her uncomfortable.

("I missed you today ")

" Same " She looked down not meeting his gaze. And Samridh's insides twist with the information. Oh! How much he really missed her. And getting to know someone was missing him too felt new and different. The good different.

The whole day she occupied his mind. What she must be doing?  Did she eat? Or was she waiting for him?
He wanted to make it quick and get back to her. And the weirdest part it was happening in just one day.

How did she attract him so much?

Her bangles made a sweet sound as kept it again on his chest. He felt hot about it. Looking at their position, her attire, and her innocent face everything bothered him.

"Let's sleep." He said before he lost his control. He hated how he was behaving so desperately around her. He would surely make her disgust away if he kept lying close to her.

She nodded and adjusted herself beside him keeping her head on his chest and holding his torso again.

Samridh couldn't help but groan internally. Her touch, her body was so soft. He wanted to crush her in his arms. But he knew better to let his intrusive thoughts win.

With his heart beating to an unexplainable height he tried relaxing. Tried.

All his thoughts were occupied by her.
By her fragrance, her attire, her sweet voice, her cute mouth, and the whole of her.