𝟎𝟑 || 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐅, 𝐅𝐋𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆, & 𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐒

A Month Later...

Waking up with a sigh you open your eyes. A month later this morning was very visible with the sun in the sky. Light creeping through the cracks of your black curtains. Sitting up slowly you rub the tiredness from your eyes. Stretching with a yawn you soon look around. Finding your blankets wrapped around you nicely and Shadow next to you asleep peacefully. Smiling at the cat you run your fingers through his black fur. Before getting up from the blankets and making the bed up without disturbing the sleeping cat. Getting up to stand from the bed you stretch again before going to your closet.

Putting a comfy large black hoodie on over your shirt and shorts. Walking out of the closet you look over to now find Shadow up and staring at you with his pretty eyes. Giggling you walk over to pet him being rewarded with his loud purrs. Another giggle left your lips with a wide smile thinking of the past month. The conversations you had through messaging with Jungkook and Taehyung came to your mind.

Their playful banter going on about Shadow. But as you think of their banter, you soon look over to find your phone on the bed side table. Reaching over you take it in hand looking at the time. But soon you see you have two notifications from the matchmaking app. Curious you opened up the app. You then smile seeing you had two messages from Tae&Kook. Just like the past few days.

- 𝐓𝐚𝐞&𝐊𝐨𝐨𝐤 -

Goodmorning Y/n - Tae

- 𝐓𝐚𝐞&𝐊𝐨𝐨𝐤 -

morning kitten - Kook

You smiled seeing their greetings. You thought they were so kind and funny. It made you feel like there were butterflies fluttering around in your stomach. While your heart skipped a beat. Thinking of them going out of their way to send you a simple 'good morning' message. It pulled at your heartstrings a bit. That is until you remember you need to ask them something important.

You needed to ask them for a picture for proof that they are who they say they are. Sighing you didn't know how to go about asking that but you know you wanted to do it sooner rather than later. You didn't want to put a lot into a relationship to find out later down the road the person or two people have been lying to you about who they are. You wouldn't know what to do if that happened. You were never a fan of the whole 'catfishing' thing. It always hurts you to think of such a thing.

But you saw it happen first hand with Elena.

It happened when she first started to get into the whole dating app thing. When she first found the person wasn't who they said they were, it crushed her. And you were there to pick up the pieces. Which you never regretted. But you could never get over how sad and betrayed she was when it happened.

Though after some time she got over it and was more cautious. After some time you were shocked when she wanted to try it again. You tried to stop her at first but it was no use. You were too late and she had already made her profile and was already talking to women. But one of those women happened to be Tiana. And that was the beginning of their love story. But when talking to Tiana she always made sure to take precautions. To be safe. Which she told you all the things she did to make sure Tiana was truely who she said she was.

Remembering to be safe you knew you had to do it. So gathering the little courage you had. You started typing with one hand while biting your other thumb nail nervously. Seeming to notice you in such a state Shadow was soon climbing into your lap. Which had a small smile wash over you as you began to pet him while typing.

Thinking with a sigh you knew you didn't want to push it off because you needed to know. You were scared that the same thing that happened to Elena would happen to you if you didn't do it. It was one of the reasons why you were scared to start going on to dating apps in the first place. But you didn't regret it now as you gained experiences. But by talking to Taehyung and Jungkook you could see you three getting along very well. Even from the long conversation you had the past month. It was like you've known them forever. But shaking your head you read over your message and press send.