Chapter 12: Vivisteria

——————————🔥——————————

The next day, Coal found himself knocking on (Y/n)'s door.

She immediately opened it and smiled at him. "Coal! What'd your mom say about our reading?"

Coal looked at her with a solemn expression. "Nothing. Look, I have a gift for you."

He held out the little shower he made with the Vivisteria flower inside it.

(Y/n) took it and examined it. "And...you came all the way here to give it to me?" Her face suddenly fell, having a feeling of what this might mean. "Wait, why are you giving me gifts?"

Coal gave her a guilty look.

"Oh no. No, no, no, no, no. Uh...wait, hold on. I think I have something to show you. Just...give me two seconds. And you're gonna need a pair of boots."

...

(Y/n) took Coal to the closed Garden Central Station, Coal now sporting a pair of boots on his feet.

"(Y/n), what are we doing here?" Coal asked.

She gave him a mysterious smile. "You'll see."

They approached a fence, and (Y/n) easily coiled her legs and leaped over it into the other side. Coal just walked right through it, burning the fence away with a monotone expression.

"Why do they even have these?" (Y/n) wondered aloud.

Coal shrugged. "Eh, who knows?"

As they approached the entrance, they saw an old sign that said 'No Fire Allowed.' (Y/n) pushed it over with her hand as she walked by, and Coal stared after her with a slightly surprised expression.

They descended a set of stairs, which led to a platform and another set of stairs that descended further down, but that part was completely flooded.

Hovering over the water was Gale, and standing on the platform next to her was Wade.

"Hey Coal!" Wade waved.

"Hey, if it isn't my favorite Fireball." Gale greeted.

Coal waved back in confusion. "Hey Gale. Hey Wade. What's going on?"

"I know you think you have to end this, but that flooded tunnel, it goes to the main terminal. Do you still want to see a Vivisteria?" (Y/n) asked him.

Wade looked to Gale. "Gale?"

Gale nodded and sucked in a huge amount of air. She then parted some of the water and blew into it, creating a large air bubble.

"Wait, I'm supposed to get in there?" Coal asked incredulously.

"The air should last about twenty minutes." Gale informed him.

"They said you couldn't go in there. Why does anyone get to tell you what you can do in your life?" She wondered.

Coal looked between her and the air bubble. When he glanced back at (Y/n), she gave him a warm smile, silently asking him to trust her.