shoutout to the big man

Mayson

"So how are you doing with everything?" I asked Paris as we ate lunch in the library. I usually eat lunch in here anyway, Paris just decided to tag along.

"Okay so far but I know once I get home my mother is gonna say something." Paris sighs.

I nod not knowing what to say, "Hopefully they will leave again soon."

"I doubt it after everything that's happened," Paris shakes her head, "I have a suspicion they'll be here for a while."

"Guess we just gotta make the most of being together in school then. How's physics going?" I asked.

Paris scrunches up her face, "How are you gonna say 'let's make the most of our time together in school' then ask me about fucking physics?" Paris grumbles.

"You should be thankful for physics, without you being so terrible at it, we would've never met." I raised my eyebrow.

"Physics is so useless, what do we even need it for?" Paris said.

I look at her dumbly, "Oh I don't know, aerodynamics so there's planes, engineering, making buildings, just all the basic shit we need in order to survive, no biggie." I wave her off.

"See exactly, we don't even need planes for real." Paris nods.

I nod along with her, "Absolutely, buildings too so useless, honestly." I roll my eyes.

"How's your art final going?" Paris asks sipping her juice.

"It's going, I have two weeks to complete three paintings." I sigh.

Paris looks at me with her eyebrows raised, "Don't even ask how I'm gonna do all that with work and my other finals." I say, "Looks like I'll be getting no sleep for 14 days." I groan.

"I wish I could help you in some way." Paris winces.

"Unless you're able to be in your cheer uniform and cheer me on while I paint, then there's not really much you can do." I say.

Paris chuckles at me, "You're so stupid."

"Hey," I hold up my hands in defense, "You said you wanted to help me. What's better than my own personal cheerleader?" I grin.

"Speaking of cheer, the football playoffs are this Friday." Paris rolled her eyes.

"So?" I ask, chewing on a carrot.

"So I have to cheer them on and it's gonna be hella rowdy because it's the state finals." Paris groans.

I drop the carrot I was about to put into my mouth as my heart drops to my stomach, "The finals you said?" I ask her, my voice slightly shaking.

"Yeah, why?" Paris asks, not noticing my state.

"No reason." I shake my head. I pack up the rest of my lunch and stand up, grabbing my bag, "I gotta do some stuff for art, I'll see you later." I rush out and head to the trash to throw away my lunch.

Paris whips her head up, "What about the rest of your lunch?" Paris calls.

"I'm not hungry," I smile forcefully, "I'll see you later." I don't wait for her answer and walk out of the library.

Man am I in deep shit. Or maybe not. I won't know until Friday I guess.

••••••••••

lt is currently 11pm and I have an hour left before I can close up the shop. I'm closing once again and I roll my eyes at the thought that I still get paid part-time.