V1 - C1 - P4: Revenance Pt1.

(INT) means "In Thought" as in thinking.
(MRY) means "Memory" as in remembering something.

----------------------

Timeskip(4 Days.)

In the serene morning of Manhattan, four days post the nationally broadcasted high-speed chase, the streets outside the N&L Investments building resumed their bustling routine.

Within an office, Heiden sat, the haunting image of Lena lingering in his mind, despite the apparent normalcy of the surroundings.

Heiden remained seated in his office, a semblance of quietude enveloping him, nearly unconscious, and emotionally numb from the weight of his sorrow, his head hanging low.

Heiden Lathers(INT):
"Why...?"
"Why did you do it, Kade...?"
"How could you do that, to all of those people..."

Breaking the silence, a woman enters his office after a gentle knock – his secretary, an indispensable assistant, and also a cherished friend, bringing with her a compassionate presence into the subdued atmosphere.

The woman had wavy blonde hair tied in a low ponytail, of short stature, and sporting blue eyes behind glasses

Heiden Lathers:
*Clears throat*
"Diana?"

Diana Widley:
"I'm sorry, Mr. Lathers."
"I understand this is a difficult time..."
"The team is awaiting your presence in the meeting whenever you're ready. Take the time you need."

Following the secretary's calm departure, Heiden collected himself, wiping his shoulders before rising to his feet. He directed his gaze to the small photo frame on his desk, containing a picture of him and Kade, and with a sigh, he turned it over, choosing to shield himself from the poignant reminder of what used to be.

Heiden exits his office, and with Diane trailing behind, he strolls through the office space.

Diana Widley(INT):
"It's been an awful four days for the office after his crimes were announced public, especially for Mr. Lathers..."
"He's barely spoke to anyone after what happened."

Diana Widley:
*Clears throat*
"How are you feeling, Mr. Lathers?"

As Heiden and the secretary traversed the office, a somber expression was left on Heiden's face, a visible sigh escaping him before he directed his gaze directly at the secretary.

Heiden Lathers:
"I'm doing fine, Diane. No need to worry for me."
"After what Kade had done, I don't think I could ever find it in myself to forgive him, especially the victims families."
"All I know is that Kade must be put in prison, before he hurts himself, and others."

Heiden and Diane make a detour to an office meeting room near an elevator. Upon entering the already crowded meeting, Heiden lets out a sigh, followed by a subdued clap as he rubs his hands together, mustering a smile as he assimilated into the room.

Heiden Lathers:
"I'm sorry to have kept you all waiting, let us begin this conference."

Cut to 1st floor lobby near front entrance.(same time)