-20-

"Hey Dad." Daisy greeted opening the fly screen door softly, turning to shut it as she heard the TV blast with volume. "I'm going out tonight." Silence followed making Daisy rather nervous as she moved towards her bedroom.

It had been a few days since her low grade. She knew he had received an email from it. Since Spider's house, she hadn't talked to the blonde. Her mind was on other things.

It didn't take long for Daisy to get ready for the party. She knew there was a dress code but she'd buy things before she'd go. For now she just needed casual clothes.

"Daisy!" The thickness of his voice indicated intoxication. Hesintosty she stalked into the kitchen, hearing another bottle cap clink into the sink, "Make yourself use- useful would ya?" He beckoned moving back towards the couch.

She knew he'd wanted her to make something, a sandwich or sorts. Stacked along the counter was glass bottles making it difficult for Daisy to navigate through the kitchen.

Finishing off the food she handed to her father she went to clean the kitchen in the process knocking a glass bottle, then two. Both hit the ground before she could move and shattered hitting her shins.

She cried out dropping to the ground as more glass embedded in her skin. "Stupid kid." She bit back a sob pulling herself to her feet, ignoring the bleeding cuts along her legs.

"Sorry Dad, I'll clean it." It didn't take long for Daisy to clean the kitchen, eventually hearing her snoring father from the lounge room. She had run out of time to go to the store it was almost 10. Nothing would be open.

Quickly she pulled the half filled first aid kit from her top cupboard stalking past the couch. She sorted through the bandages in the drawer, tears dampening the kit. Piece by piece she removed the glass, biting back cries in fear of waking him.

With a final wince of pain Daisy pulled the rest of the glass from her bleeding legs. She could pull it off for a night. She just needed alcohol, anything to numb the horrible ache of her limbs.

Once treated, she used the bandages a few times around her legs. She could pull off being a mummy. It was easy, no one would be able to notice the small limp.

"Dais, what are you doing?" The blonde's voice interrupted her as she downed another shot, wiping her mouth as she swiveled around. Amerie's party was thriving, way bigger than Daisy had expected.

"None of you business blondie." Her words were slurred as she leant against the counter not entirely purposely. His eyes scanned her face once over, his expression somewhat concerned.

She hardly even greeted anyone since she entered. She couldn't help the idea of free booze, she needed to let loose. To stop the pain.

"I texted you Daisy." She knew he was trying hard to stay calm, his fingers brushing against his waist. "A few times Dais.. since you left, I've been—"

"Didn't see your texts." She deadpanned turning back around moving her hands towards the esky, planning to grab another drink.

"Here take mine Dais." Spider's cup slipped into her hands, the girl turning to face him again. Daisy wasn't sure it was the alcohol but she thought Spider looked hot. Hotter than usual.

"Trying to drug me Spence." Her face was flushed from the alcohol, the girl inspecting the cup.

Spider smirked at her jab, moving his hands to bring the cup closer to her lips, "Absolutely pretty girl." She took a sip shoving the cup back in his hands.

"Water, pathetic." She reached down pulling a cruiser from the ice into her open hand. "Got your own friends don't you?" Daisy spat rolling her tongue over her teeth for a second.

Spider smirked moving closer in front of her, his head tilted down, "Didn't know you were a mean drunk Coopers." His finger brushed across her cheek, the girl removing his hand after a moment.

"You'd be surprised—", She went to move past him, a small wince as her knee buckled for a moment, Spider's expression quickly shifting to concern.

"Daisy, why are you limping?" He grabbed her arm, examining her limbs with his eyes, most drawn to the bandages across her legs, supposedly apart of her costume. Before she replied she sipped her drink again avoiding the impending conversation. "Can I take you home?" He asked softly, his grip loosening.

Daisy looked around the party, thinking over her options before nodding slowly, Spider's other hand removing the drink from her hand. Spider's hand on Daisy's waist lead her out gently, on the way Spider mumbling a goodbye to Ant handing him Daisy's drink.

"Daisy come on love." He unlocked his car parked across the road, the intoxicated girl sitting in the passenger seat, Spider shutting the door once she was inside.

"I cant go home." Daisy's voice was soft, her fingers circling Spider's hand rested on her lap.

"I know Dais, I'll take you back to mine." The rest of the car ride was rather silent until soft sniffles came from Daisy's end, tears staining her face.

Spider pulled into the driveway smoothly getting out of the driver's side, before walking over to Daisy's side. The door clicked open, the tall blonde kneeling beside the car to comfort the girl.

"What's wrong Daisy." She wrapped her arms around his neck tightly, squeezing her eyes shut tightly.

"There's cuts on my legs Spider."