[ 1 ]

GOOD LUCK BABE
Chappell Roan

"Are you seriously argueing with me right now!" She seethed clutching her books tighter as they walked down the path, "You're mental! Sometimes I wonder if.."
She didn't finish as a hand wrapped around her waist pulling her closer.

Daisy melted into the kiss as Spider brought  his lips to hers, stopping the annoyed words from his girlfriend's mouth. Another a few seconds they pulled apart, a small smile tugging at Daisy's lips as Spider's hand lingered on the small of her back.

"Your hair looks pretty today Daisy girl." She brushed the loose strands back before snapping out of it and jolting away from him. Disgust took her features again.

"Manipulative piece of- that doesn't work." She ignored his satisfied chuckle as he trialled after her. Reaching the school gates she stopped determined to make peace before class.

"Doesn't it?" He stopped in front of her, grinning madly, "Cheeks look rather rosy Coopers." She hardened her glare almost snapping her books in the process, her arms tightening together.

"I'll kill you." She tried to keep a straight face. Meanwhile Spider had noticed Ant waving him over in the distance. Desperate to smooth her anger he turned his attention back to Daisy.

"Sure you will." He pointed a finger in an opposite direction causing Daisy to look. Swiftly he planted a kiss on her cheek fleeing before she could get the chance to actually murder him.

Daisy huffed a breath turning on her heel as she watched Spider make his way over to Ant. Pausing she felt out of place. If she wasn't with her boyfriend who would she hang with. She didn't get the chance to think about it much longer when the most talked off group entered the school.

She hadn't talked to half of them over term break. Without Cash she seemed a bit lost.
Darren and Cash was thriving supposedly and Harper and Amerie were mates again.
Too much drama for Daisy to handle with her best mate in jail. Because of the girls.

The group passed by Daisy unaware of her presence as they passed some girls, "Rat Slut! Bitch put Cash in jail." Daisy so red surging forward as she bit back furiously at the girls.

"Oh yeah! You'd know wouldn't ya cunt! Weren't around when he was out." Before Daisy could do too much damage Missy crossed the yard linking arms with the sensitive girl as she stopped the yelling girls from jumping her.

"Daisy babe! Causing shit already, how you've changed." She teased, Daisy relaxing her arm in Missy's. Joined by Malakai a second later she didn't argue back.

"Hi Miss. Malakai." She greeted him kindly Malakai sending her a small wave, "Sort your ex out Miss." She mocked this time hearing Sasha's annoying yells across the yard.

"Sort your boyfriend." Missy sighed unlinking her arm as she noticed the narrowed eyes of Spider across from them, "Jealous much." She flipped Spider off as Malakai dragged her away. Daisy flipped him off similarly before Ant called her name.

"Anthony!" She punched his arm playfully in which the boy ruffled her hair, "Perfect timing Coopers! Weed gummy." Daisy opened her mouth snapping it shut when Spider turned around.

"She's good dude. Besides 8:00am really." He tucked Daisy into his side away from Ant failing to notice behind his back, Daisy's fingers reached out. Ant slid a gummy into her open hand, a wink as Daisy placed in between her teeth.

Since Cash had been locked up Spencer had become overprotective, almost overbearing. But Daisy didn't mind. She was used to Cash's hovering so Spencer's eased her mind a bit.

"Pronouns are soft!" Daisy covered her laugh at Spider's outburst beside, "Yeah, bronouns are in! Uh, for example my name is Spider and my bronouns are dude, mate and bruh." She sent him a look of, 'don't egg her on.'

Sasha beat her to the scolding unfortunately, "THAT IS AN INTENTIONAL ACT OF BIGOTRY AND TECHNICALLY A HATE CRIME." Daisy's eyes widened as Spider above her chuckled awkwardly.

"Okay, Dusty from Wish." Darren's voice caught Daisy's attention next as the trio swivelled around to meet the group that had passed Daisy minutes before.

"Yeah, what are you wearing?" Daisy's glare hardened as they made fun of Ant. He did look ridiculous but she would protect the boy with her life. Over term break she had grown closer to Ant, considering wherever Spider was so was Ant.

"It's called evolving. Someone has to be the hot guy at Hartley now." Daisy's glare was quickly shifted to Ant. Gosh she hated boys sometimes.

"And that's you now, is it?" Harper muttered, her eyes softening as they flickered to Daisy. Dressed in tight clothes, Spider's hand continued to wander along Daisy's back. Since the year before her style had changed significantly, baggy, oversized clothes replaced with clothes that highlighted Daisy's finger. Bruise free.

"I'm willing to fill any holes left by Dusty.
Any holes." Daisy faked a gag, Spider mumbling a small, 'don't laugh.' As he continued his bickering, Daisy wasn't very good at listening unfortunately.

"Ant think she'd rather fuck barbwire, man." Daisy mentioned softly Spider's hand tensing on her skin. Amerie sent Daisy a grateful smile but the boys continued.

"Chill. It's a compliment." Ant extended his hands in defeat, "Can't say anything anymore." This time Daisy tensed and she moved from Spider's grip. He noticed but continued to argue.

"What do you mean, "left by Dusty"?" Harper looked hurt. Daisy wasn't a fan of Dusty so his absence hardly wounded her although she knew Spider missed him.

"Oh, you didn't hear? Dusty doesn't go here anymore. How could he, after you KO'd
his reputation in front of whole school. That's two guys you've gotten kicked out of Hartley." Daisy mumbled some warning to Spider before he continued, "First Ca$h and now Dusty." He ignored her, "Who's your next victim?" Daisy cast her eyes downward at his words.

"Shut up, Spider!" Amerie gritted through her teeth clenching her fist at her sides.

"At least you didn't get Dusty in jail." Daisy looked at him, hurt flashing across her dark eyes.

"I said shut the f*ck up, Spider." Amerie sturggled to yank something free from bag. Daisy didn't have enough time to move before Amerie squirted the pair with some substance. Intended to hit Spider salad dressing coating the side of Daisy's cheek accidentally.

"Is that salad dressing?" Daisy herself wiped the dressing from the side of her face disgusted. Spider chuckled cruelly as Daisy thanked the gods the arguement had seized.

"Oh!" His further mocking was the last straw, "He was mean to Harper so I'm gonna squirt him with my Kraft Zesty." The mocking voice wasn't funny it was cruel.

"Spencer." His head snapped in her direction before Amerie caught him off guard and shoved him backward ultimately taking out Ant as well. Daisy thankfully stepped out of the way as the boys went down.

Finding it the perfect reason to excuse herself, she stormed off. Bickering was so Year 10. Holding the phone to her ear as she leaned against the back block, she listened to his voice.

"Hi.. this is uh- what am I supposed to say-
"Hi, this is Cash leave a message." Daisy had hissed.
"Hey- uh Cash here. Leave a message I guess."
"Fucking hell."
"Don't swear!" His laugh echoed through the speakers.

BEEP.

It chimed out as she dropped the phone to her side. Exhaling softly smoke left her mouth as the joint hit her lips again. She hadn't even seen him since Cash was locked away. A few calls here and there but hardly anything considering the pair had seen each other practically every day for 10 years.

Her relief didn't last long as the school photos announcement echoed through the school. Hoping her eyes would clear up by the time she got there she stepped on the cig.