011 | Grover gallops for food

—Grover went on ahead of the group, galloping and retracing his steps as he followed his nose to dood

—Grover went on ahead of the group, galloping and retracing his steps as he followed his nose to dood. Nefeli had made a few joke about him being the perfect candidate for my six hundred pound life. It didn't earn many laughs.

"What's this place called?" Nefeli shivered looking around the random shop in the middle of nowhere.

She hadn't seen many movies but Percy had. This was straight out of a horror film, a building in the middle of nowhere that had vines overgrown on cars and signs meant only one thing; a lot of people had died there already.

"I have no idea." Percy whispered back walking closer to her as he examined the creepy scene, "Why's there stone everywhere?"

"Guys I think we need to leave." Nefeli said looking over the disturbing faces on each statue. All had the same scared expression with defensive postures.

"What's wrong Eli?" Percy stopped immediately where she had and looked over the same statue she was.

It was a man, you could tell from the wrinkles, with a travelers backpack on but that's not what caught her eyes. It was the way he had tears pricked at his water line, it was the way he was petrified forever.

"Stone everywhere... I think it's-" Nefeli came to the conclusion that the person behind this was a greek myth to humans and a scary one at that.

"Watch out!" Percy called taking the sword from his pocket at the Fury's wings hovering over them.

The Fury landed onto the floor, hissing at them with annoyance. They'd escaped her and she was in no mood to be mocked yet again.

"You should have taken my offer while you had the chance." The Fury looked at Annabeth who stood next to Nefeli, so naturally, Nefeli thought she was speaking to her.

Everyone but Annabeth looked around at each other with raised brows. Who was she talking too?

"You didn't offer me shit." Nefeli shook her head and then the fury made eye contact and all of her confidence was gone, "Ma'am."

"Not you Ms. Kingston." The fury had a wicked smile plastered on her feathered face.

"Annabeth?" Grover's voice cracked at the betrayal.

Percy and Nefeli looked over to her too thinking separate things. Nefeli felt bad for Annabeth, she didn't take the offer but she kept it to herself and Percy was sure to be pissed. Percy was thinking of how pissed he was.

"Not today friends." A honey sweet voice speaks behind the group and the fury is quick to hide her face, "not on my door step."