CHAPTER 3: THEY WON'T MAKE ME WEAR THAT

Present

Once Lincoln was in front of his door, he began the job of removing the obstacle that his little sister imposed due to his "supposed" bad luck. At another time, perhaps the boy would have had a hard time removing those boards from his door on his own, more than anything because of his physical condition, but this time he was doing the job very easily, each movement was made with great strength and anger, without. Undoubtedly, Lincoln was furious and the way to get even a little was to remove that barricade that blocked his room.

The boy did not take more than ten minutes to remove almost all the boards with great ease, there was only one more left and with a strong blow of the lever, Lincoln manages to break the last board and leave his door uncovered, he fiercely threw the lever aside and took the doorknob, Lincoln closed his eyes for a moment and tried to calm his breathing.

The white-haired boy still had a small hope harbored in his heart, he wanted to believe that his family had not sold his things because of a stupid superstition and that everything that had happened was a great joke to teach him a lesson in life and that perhaps there was still time to do things well to be a true family.

Lincoln turns the knob, opens the door and...

Past

Lincoln returned home from school on Monday afternoon after spending a very bad day at school and being left out of the science group need to rest, required to vent, but would any sister listen to him? Since he refused to put on his suit to go to the beach, except for his parents and Lily, the rest of his sisters did not speak to him, they applied the law of ice to him and kept him away from any family activity, this deeply hurt Lincoln, he knew he was partly to blame for helping spread rumors of his bad luck, but they had gone too far because of a superstition.

Lincoln missed his sisters, much more than he was willing to accept, but he couldn't give in, his family was wrong. Didn't they see it? Or don't want to see it?

Lincoln: Maybe if I wear the suit, they'll want to be with me and... The boy was silent for a few seconds while he looked at his home and then hit his forehead hard with his right hand.

Lincoln: What the hell am I saying? I'm not wearing that thing! I'm not going to play along and pretend they're right! They're going to have to get down on their knees for me to forgive them. He exclaims.

Very angry, he went to the backyard, took his bicycle and went for a few laps in his neighborhood to calm down, this action was a kind of catharsis for Lincoln that he incorporated for Lynn Jr., since sometimes the athlete would come back very furious after having lost some departed and went out riding a bicycle alone for hours and returned home late, Lincoln eventually offered to accompany her when this happened and that they do this activity together, thus helping his sister and making her return home early to relief from his parents. Lincoln now hated this activity because it reminded him of the sister who framed him, but he had to let go of some stress and this was a perfect way to do it.

Lincoln: I need to clear my mind and here obviously I will not.

He looked one last time at his home and left in a hurry.

From a window, Leni saw him very worried.

She took a seat next to her sister Lori in the kitchen and told her.

Leni: Lori, do you think we did the right thing by staying away from Lincoln because of his bad luck?

The oldest of the siblings finished writing a message under her phone and took her sister's hand.