The First cuts the deppest part 1

Meredith enters the locker room and puts up a Roommates Wanted sign on the noticeboard. She wants non-smoking non-Bush-supporters with no pets.

(to city montage and Izzie/George/Cristina arriving) "It's all about lines. The finish line at the end of residency, waiting in line for a chance at the operating table, and then, there's the most important line. The line separating you from the people you work with. It doesn't help to get too familiar. To make friends. You need boundaries between you and the rest of the world. Other people are far too messy. It's all about lines. Drawing lines in the sand, and praying like hell no one crosses them." Meredith says via voice over.

Derek had to be at the hospital earlier than usual.  So that means Hope also had to be at the hospital.

Unfortunately Hope has been missing her daddy recently, so she been carrying around the stuffed Bunny that he, had bought for her when he found out that Hope was going to be a girl.

Derek had to leave Hope to catch a meeting. The young girl sat in the waiting room. Luckily for her Meredith, Izzie, Christina and George walk by her.

Meredith was holding a coffee and a baggie with a cookie in it.

"No. Ooh, you're bringing bribes now?" Christina asks (Meredith has coffee for Bailey and a cookie for Hope)

Hope and her bunny walks up to the group of intern's, Meredith hands her the baggie with the cookie in it.

"Thank you," Hope tells the blonde.

Izzie rolls her eyes, thinking that Meredith was bribing the young Shepard-Slone girl.

"I need a place to live. My mom irons my scrubs. I have to get out of there." O'Malley says getting back to what was being said, before Hope had arrived.

"It's not a bribe,"

"I don't think it's a good idea." Meredith told George.

"But I can put down last, first and deposit." O'Malley tried again.

"It's totally a bribe" Dr. Yang says

"It totally is," Hope whispers to Cristina, who in returns smiles at Hope.

"I can cook. And I'm an obsessive cleaner," Dr Steven's tells the group trying to convince Meredith.

"No. I just want two total strangers who I don't have to talk to, or be nice to, and it's not a bribe, it's a mocha latte and a chocolate chip cookie.

The group of interns plus Hope walk up to Bailey, who give the interns there assignment for the time being.

"George, you're running the code team, Meredith, take the trauma patients, Cristina, deliver the weekend labs to the patients, Izzie, you're on sutures," Miranda Bailey, tell her interns

"Dr Bailey. I was hoping to assist you in the OR today, maybe do a minor procedure? I think I'm ready. Mocha latte?" Meredith attempts to bribe her attending.

"If she gets to cut, I want to cut too." Yang says

"Yeah, me too."

"I wouldn't mind another shot, I mean if everybody else is..."

Hope and her stuffed bunny are just watching the interns attempt to convince they're attending to let them join a surgery. She found it quite entertaining.

"Stop talking. Every intern wants to perform their first surgery, that's not your job. Do you know what your job is? To make your resident happy. Do I look happy? No. Why? Because my interns are whining. You know what will make me look happy? Having the code team staffed, having the trauma patients answered, having the weekend labs delivered, and having someone down in the Pit, doing the sutures. (takes the mocha latte) No one holds a scalpel until I'm so happy I'm Mary freakin' Poppins." Bailey tells her four current interns.