Chapter 39: Unexpected Visitors

AN:

This is a shorter chapter and not a ton happens but it sets up nicely for the next one which is currently in progress. This chapter would have come sooner, but FF has been acting up on me lately so I haven't had the chance until now. Anyway, not a ton to say on this one other than I hope you guys enjoy it at least a little bit, lol.

Also had some things I wanted to address after reading the comments from the last chapter. In regards to Haki being visible and able to be caught on camera, that is something that is unique to this fic. As far as I'm aware haki isn't supposed to be visible in canon OP but with this fic, certain forms of it will be able to be seen and caught on camera. I hope that's not too offputting to anyone... If it is... Oh well. There will be cases where that isn't the case all the time, but I'll do my best to explain why in the story.

Another mention was romance and like I've said before, it won't be the main point of the story. I really am just a huge tease, lol, as upsetting as that may be for some of you to hear. The last thing was how our brave marine managed to snap a picture of Super Saiyan Luffy and I would have explained it in the chapter, but I didn't feel like it was super necessary so, for now, we will go with, yes, cameraman got that dog in em'.

The next chapter is being worked on as we speak so I'll try not to keep you guys waiting too long. Anyway, this dragged on a little bit so, I'm out! I hope you enjoy this one and let me know what you think!

---

Chapter 39: Unexpected Visitors

"Captain!", Onion screamed in panic, his two companions desperately trying to keep up with his rapid footsteps.

Usopp let his slingshot drop back down to his side and curiously turned away from the target dummy far off in the distance, toward the voice calling out to him. "Onion?", he questioned at seeing his three subordinates rushing in his direction.

"Captain!", the young boy yelled once again, his feet skidding to a stop in front of the long-nosed teen. His hands dropped to his knees and his breaths came out in gasps, "It's pirates, Captain!", he exclaimed, wide-eyed and worried, "We saw them from the beach!... There are pirates coming to the island!".

The words sent a jolt through Usopp's body, a wave of excitement accompanying the feeling... Was Luffy there to pick him up?... Was it finally time to set sail?...

"What should we do, Captain?", Carrot asked, his legs shaking slightly in nervousness. The ship had been really big and scary... There were probably a ton of bad guys on it...

The soon-to-be pirate moved his vision to where the three children had come from, his anticipation growing at the thought of seeing his friends again. A large smile rose to his lips and he shot it at his little crew members, "Well...".

"I don't know about you guys...", Usopp's feet started moving seemingly of their own volition and he passed through the trio of boys, grin still plastered in place as he headed in the direction of the beach, "But I think we should go give them a proper Gekko welcome.".

---

A few days had passed since Luffy and Nami said their goodbyes to Cocoyashi, and, as emotional as they were, the orangette could only look back on the memory fondly. She smiled, not only at the warmth she could feel on the majority of her skin as she lay out on her favorite chair but also at the thought of being back on the Merry... This ship... It... It just felt like home...

"Alright!", Nojiko exclaimed, wiping her hands on her pants as she stood from her place by the trunks of the newly replanted tangerine trees, "That should do it.".