Volume 1: Chapter 1.1 - Welcome to Class C

Human life is nothing but a hierarchy of power, strength, and status. From the moment we are born, we are thrown into a division of invisible tiers, where we try our best to fit in or rise in the rankings.

From the moment we are born, an invisible hierarchy appears between us and our parents. They have full authority over us, and are entrusted to nurture and keep us safe. They hold all the power while we are forced to do their bidding. In fact, they essentially get to keep that control until we come of age.

Of course, I'm not saying this is a bad thing. In fact, it's necessary for the children to grow and develop. I'm just using this as an example.

When the child is old enough to enter school, a hierarchy forms between the students, the teacher, and the principal. If we go even further, we can even say that there's another higher authority, which is the school board.

When the child is old enough to enter the workforce, a hierarchy forms between the employee, the employer, the employer's higher ups, etc. The list goes on and on.

In other words, hierarchy is all around us. It's important, too. It establishes order, lawfulness, and a sense of conformity.

Most human beings are aware of the hierarchy they are thrown into and willingly accept their position. 99 percent of human beings fall into the lowest tier. Only those who possess the ambition, the drive, and the strength will rise up the ladder.

Those at the top of the human hierarchy can be labeled as powerful. So that leads to the big question: What does it mean to have power?

To have power is to establish control over others, or to possess authority. Some might also say it's how famous a person is or how much respect they command. Of course, a part of that may be true, but it doesn't cover the entire picture.

I think that the biggest component to being powerful is to have influence.

This is especially true in the modern era, where one's relationships and connections play a major role in power dynamics. In fact, those of a lower social standing may have more power than those above them simply because they hold more influence among their peers. 

A title is only a title unless the person holding it can actually influence those below them. What is the point of being a student council president when you have no impact or control over your subordinates? You might as well be a teacher's pet, except this time you're sucking up to the entire school, not the teacher. In other words, the school is simply using you for their own benefit.

If you are in a position of power, do the absolute best you can to push that authority to the limit. Those who have power and choose not to use it are fools. Make it so that everyone acknowledges you as someone worthy to be respected, and start earning the recognition and influence befitting of your title. 

There are many ways to gain said influence. Throughout the course of history, violence was a common factor in many leaders' rise to power. They used force to control the masses, censoring any opposition.

That's right. If I want to establish a foothold in this school, I'm going to have to seize control of my own class first. I'm not gonna have them follow me out of respect or anything like that. Instead, I will use intimidation and brutality to get them to obey my every command.

Besides, this way is much faster. And more efficient, too.

I don't have time to be all buddy-buddy and be friends with all of them, anyway. I'll pick out the useful ones to be my underlings, and we'll take control from there. Our class will be an efficient unit, one ruled by a worthy leader whose loyal servants pledge their utmost allegiance to.