Volume 1: Chapter 2.1 - Introductions

On the second day of school, I arrived at the classroom earlier than usual and plopped my stuff down. Next, I scanned the classroom carefully, looking for a specific object. It was hidden well, but I eventually found it.

A security camera was perched on the back wall, capturing the entire back of the classroom. I looked around some more and I found a camera on the other walls as well, each capturing a different angle of the classroom. No matter where a student sat, they couldn't hide from the cameras' view. A person's actions could be seen as clear as day; even if they tried to hide something like a phone in their lap, the camera would likely spot it.

The presence of these cameras increases the credibility of my theory that student conduct is monitored and can decrease a student's allowance if he/she acts out of line. It's not because the cameras were present that implied this, but because they were hidden, almost as if the school didn't want the students to find out they were heavily monitored.

The purpose in hiding the cameras was for the school to be able to accurately tell the good and bad students apart. The good students will behave properly whether there are any cameras or not, but the bad students will only start behaving once they know they're being monitored. However, if the bad students don't know that they're being monitored, then they'll goof around when the teacher isn't looking and misbehave. The school will then see this and punish these students accordingly.  

Of course, the cameras are probably there to check for cheating during tests and exams. Also, if there was a conflict between students like yesterday and someone reported it, the cameras would be crucial evidence to establish the guilty party.

The next thing I need to figure out is if these cameras record in real time. After I beat up the green-haired boy yesterday, I didn't get called to the faculty room or receive any type of punishment. Does that mean that as long as someone doesn't report the incident, then I would be safe? If my theories are right so far, then the only penaly I'll receive is a deduction to my allowance next month.

Based on what I've seen, there are probably hundreds of cameras scattered across campus. The cameras in Keyaki mall or the other special buildings probably don't record in real time, but I wouldn't be surprised if the ones in the classrooms were monitored by a staff member during school hours. I would have to find some way to figure out all the details. But first, let's give them a little present.

Grinning to myself, I stood in front of one of the camera's viewing range and stuck out two middle fingers. This school needs to learn that it can't hide anything from me.

Afterwards, I sat down at the far back left of the classroom and relaxed, waiting for everyone to slowly trickle in.

My actions yesterday are bound to be fresh in everybody's minds. Many of my classmates will probably still feel nervous or scared of me, and I can use that fear to get them to follow my orders without question.

Of course, there will be some individuals that will fight back and oppose me. The delinquent I beat up earlier probably held a grudge after yesterday, and he might try to undermine my efforts or confront me after class. Upon looking at his nameplate, I found out his name was Ishizaki. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few more like him that planned to group up and try to take me down.

There was that blue-haired girl named Ibuki who probably disapproved of my leadership. However, she gave off an aloof and uninterested vibe, almost as if she didn't care about what was happening as long as it didn't affect her. She might go against me at first, but I anticipate that she'll give up and follow me eventually, knowing that I'll just keep on fighting back and causing trouble. She also sits right behind me in class. Kuku, I bet she's not happy about that.