Cillian - excerpt - without edit

a-n... so any chapter you've read with Cillian as the title so far, has been edited and remade from the draft story, but this page is an excerpt from the original story, I think at the time I was going for slice- of-life, comedy. I wanted to share because I thought it was funny and totally has a different style of writing. It's been around 3 years. 

You know how I called my 7-year-old brother, Tennyson, troublesome, I take that back. Look at this baby, barely 7 months, and his trying to crawl. I'm currently standing awkwardly watching Alister try to stabilize himself, I am also rambling, internally that is. Not that this is a sign of reincarnation, but it is definitely a sign of the main character. Why am I here you ask? Well, Mother said, well seemed to put me as the designated babysitter.. even though we have maids. Now that I think about it, if my baby brother is the main character and we are the Duke family, would that set up a spot for war... fuck... or....why didn't I think about this!! My brother is destined to fall in love and be a hopeless romantic side character!! Okay, I know I said he was reincarnated or had the possibility of it, but if he actually is not, I'd still rather go to war than have a simp as my baby brother!!! That's where I cut the line!! I am so amusing... To myself.

These days I just assume that everyone is the main character because there are too many tropes and stereotypes. Am I sexist maybe... Because if he is like me, main character, if he isn't, side character because there would be a girl!! Wallah!! Mwahahahahaha!! Oh, look his going toward the blocks. Why am I worrying about this, anyway? This is a second life, a chance, take it, as my first Dad would say. I slowly take two small steps and have my body language directed to his tiny back. He is almost close to the blocks. Wouldn't it be ironic if this is where he gets a lifetime of awareness? As I'm thinking this he reaches for the blocks and shuffles a red-decorated one as his baby hands are not big enough to encircle one. He abruptly starts crying on his third attempt to move the red-decorated block... oh, shit... I immediately pick him up and start cradling him, his head to my left shoulder, swaying back and forth. A maid comes into the room and sees that I have the baby

"Master Cillian, I can take young master Alister."

"It's fine." I dismiss her.

I gently caress my baby brother's blue hair in a rhythmic circle to a hum, slowly descending him toward the carpeted floor. I switch carrying positions so his legs first meet the ground, holding him by his pits. I look him in the eyes, observing his face, I then slowly smile.

"You're so cute!" I say enthusiastically, half of it is an act.

------