Chapter 11

Dedicated to Rimuriz

~^°^~

"Love is such a special feeling and it's desired by many," the blonde and emerald-eyed lady said looking thoughtfully towards her son.

Aries simply couldn't understand this emotion, and countless times he asked for an explanation. Nonetheless, he came out of each conversation as blank as ever. He tilted his head to the side slightly, trying to relay his confusion.

Sigh...She didn't know how to get through to this boy. ''How about this, Love is when someone feels the need to protect someone and be close to them without any reason. You worry about them a lot, want them to be happy and what hurts them feels like it hurts you more,'' she said, proud of her answer.

''Well, I get that love. Like I love you and Pa. What about the love where you get butterflies and you feel uncomfortable?''

What was she going to do with this child? She couldn't hold back her laugh, earning a pout from Aries.

''You know what?'' she asked between her giggles.

''Mmh?''

''Get older then you'll get the difference,''

He never got the answer and was once again left puzzled.

~°~

''Huh?'' Damon didn't understand why the female lead's brother was even talking to him. Lucan Forelle stood in front of him with a slight smile. He wore all white 

 If his memory served him right Lucan hated him to the point of wanting to kill him. Why? Simply because this vampire had a major sister complex. The main reason he was okay with being locked up was because he was scared he would hurt his sister! And Damon's interference in his beloved sister's life didn't sit well with him. Surprisingly, Lucas was the one who ended up killing him. He needed to avoid this person, especially because his conscious wouldn't let him live in peace if he didn't try to stop the rampage set to happen in the next eight years.

Damon felt a shiver run down his spine. He never thought he'd have to talk to this blood-sucker after their last conversation 5 years ago. Something about a 15-year-old Lucan slightly scared him. He really needed to stay away from him. Something about Lucan was making him uneasy and alarmed.

Back to what he suddenly said.

''What!?'' Damon exclaimed. 

'What was this person doing smelling you exactly?' he heard Mal exclaim.

''Take a walk with me first,'' Lucan said lightly, as though talking to a close friend. He then turned his attention to Mal then gave her a slight smile. ''You too. We have something to talk about,'' he added.

 Aries' expression remained calm and aloof, trying to mask his confusion. What was going on in this guy's head?

''Sure,'' Aries said, not wanting to let his suspicion of him show. Mal scoffed in his mind but it sounded more amused than anything. He slowly got up and followed behind Lucan's bigger form with Mal beside him.

Why had he decided to come again? Not like he was scared of the witch. She'd already reduced his allowance to nearly zero. At this point, his bank account and a commoner's were more or less the same. God, he hated that woman.

His survival in this world was easy. As long as he doesn't offend any of the main characters and supporting ones and stays an extra, dare him say, the deranged lunatic of the Valera Duchy, he'll be free to live his own life. That didn't include his 'stepmother', that lady had to be ruined and he'd use his identity in The Dark Rose to his advantage. He'd let her crimes pile up before exposing her.