Chapter 16

Dedicated to Naruzaima

~^°^~

Sylvia adjusted Damon's collar once more, worried it wasn't good enough yet. He had to look stunning for his coming-of-age party.

"All done. You look breath taking. Have a look, Damon," Sylvia said leading him to the mirror.

Damon stared at his reflection in the mirror. It was the first time he was wearing white to an event, not that he had attended that many either way. He wore a white tailcoat with golden embroidery and white pants and shoes. His hair was straightened and styled in a ponytail. He wore a pair of golden earrings, the one on the right a chain hoop earring connecting to his upper ear.

"You look stunning," he heard Thalia's voice and saw her reflection through the mirror as she entered. Sylvia nodded in agreement while smiling widely.

"Thank you," Damon said. He couldn't help but give them a small but sweet smile. He didn't want to go and socialize with those assholes if he was being frank.

Three years was the countdown. In three years the plot begins.

There was purple-black smoke and Mal walked out of the portal and into the room. She stretched and let out a yawn.

"Had a nice nap?" Damon asked her, walking away from the mirror.

'Always' he heard her reply and she walked over to the bed. 'Well look at this. You look adorable, like a little pup,' she said teasingly when she made herself comfortable.

'Such a thoughtful compliment indeed,' Damon retorts sarcastically. 

"Don't get too comfortable Mal, we're leaving now," Damon speaks out and starts walking towards the door.

'Sheesh! You are overworking me,'

'Don't be such a drama queen. You haven't done anything but sleep for the last 5 days. Don't be lazy!'

'Is there a spirit animal welfare association? You deserve to be behind bars for spirit emotional abuse!'

Damon rolled his eyes. This was how she was half of the time when there wasn't a mission. That or sleeping.

"Both of you are still coming along, right?" Damon asks Sylvia and Thalia as they walk down the stairs.

Sylvia smiled brightly, "We wouldn't miss it for the world."

Thalia smiled and patted his head and he got the message. They were wearing a version of their uniforms but it was black with silver embroidery in butterfly designs, both their hair in buns.

"Young Master, Thalia, Sylvia, and Mal, are all of you ready to go?" a young man around nineteen years old, with hazel hair and brown eyes, asked as they walked towards the carriage.

" Yes, we're ready Bruce," Thalia answered. Bruce was Sylvia's younger brother and he was a lot of help to Damon. It meant he had fewer people around him to worry about. He had his sister's smile and liveliness. But he'd be leaving for the knight academy soon so Damon now had the added weight of finding another extra pair of hands he could trust. He sighed at the thought.

Bruce smiled brightly then opened the carriage door and gave them a slight, exaggerated bow, "In you go then."  Thalia returned the gesture with a smile and a nod. Sylvia gave him a thumbs up and he smiled returning the gesture. Mal walked towards him and rubbed her side on his leg making him chuckle. He bent down and gave her a quick head pat.