Find

LEVI'S POV

Levi opened his eyes slowly, surprising himself somehow. He had fallen asleep deeply - it was the first time that had happened in weeks. Maybe being by your side had something to do with it, he thought to himself as he extended his arm, trying to reach your body.

But he couldn't feel anything. He widened his gaze and looked to his side.

You were gone.

He slowly sat down, dim candles still surrounding the arrangement of pillows and blankets that you and him had prepared earlier that night. He wondered what time it was and guessed it was probably past midnight. A sudden worry filled his chest, as he remembered your usual night time activities. Even though it had been weeks since you had been sleepwalking, he couldn't help but think you might've been wondering around the camp, maybe putting yourself in danger.

As these thoughts began to multiply in his head, Levi pulled himself up, got out of his tent, and began desperately looking for you. He began walking faster and faster, not even thinking about his movements or if he would fall - all he was thinking about was your safety. He stepped on the ground harder and harder, covering himself in mud without even realizing.

You were nowhere to be found, and Levi's expression hardened more as he couldn't get a sight of you. He wondered if you might've ended up in someone else's tent, thus he began opening tent's entrances through and through, completely forgetting about people's privacies. Nothing really mattered if you were missing from his sight.

But to no avail - you were not hiding in anyone's tent.

And that's when Levi's gaze widened as he came to a realization. He knew it was a shot in the dark, but he couldn't risk you not being safe. With all of his strength, he picked up a rhythm and soon enough - he was sprinting through the camp. He kept screaming out your name and getting himself dirtier with mud, soon reaching the place he suspected you might be at.

And once he got there, he saw you.

You were standing with your bare feet intertwined in the cold grass, your whole body facing the river, as if observing how the waves of water were flowing. Levi approached you slowly - he didn't want to startle you... Once he was close enough, he placed himself in front of you to face you, his lips parted in shock - a worried look invaded his face.

You were standing with your lips slightly parted, though what was terrifying about you were your eyes: they were completely rolled back, only showing the white area, hiding your pupils from sight fully. Both of your eyes looked exactly like Levi's eye socket, where his eye was missing. You were mumbling something he couldn't quite comprehend, but the thought of you being in distraught terrified Levi - he slowly placed his hands over your shoulders, stroking your skin gently to wake you up slowly and swiftly.

As he did this, your eyes slowly went back to their regular shape and expression - a hazy, confused look in your gaze as you woke up. Your eyes completely heavy and narrow placed themselves on Levi's as your body completely crumbled - he was quickly enough to grab you by your back, so as to hold you tight and prevent you from falling onto the ground. You then grabbed him by his t-shirt, gasping violently, not being able to remain calm.

'What...where...Levi?' - you whispered as you looked into his eyes, desperately confused and anxious. 'What's going on?'.

Your voice continued to shake as you looked into Levi's gaze. He then grabbed you by your cheek, whilst still holding you tightly, pulling you closer to his body. You buried your head on his shoulder blade, as tears slowly started streaming down your face. Levi felt your breathing becoming heavier and held you even tighter, fearing what might happen if he let go.

'I have no idea' - he whispered softly.