If I say how I'm feeling, would it be too much?

𝐈𝐟 𝐈 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐈'𝐦 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡?

𝐈𝐟 𝐈 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐈'𝐦 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐢𝐭 𝐮𝐩?

𝐈𝐟 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐈'𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡, 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐦𝐞 𝐮𝐩? 𝐇𝐦-𝐦𝐦

Eddie

Amelia's back with Buck so it's Chris and I in the apartment. 

It's been about a week since Buck came back and he doesn't talk to me on calls unless we'r working on a victim or the person who called 9-1-1.

I kind of miss his presence and voice. 

It's calming and it feels weird without him interacting with me.

We got along really well when Chris and Amelia hung out together.

"Dad, when do you have to go to work? Carlas's not here yet." Chris looks up at me holding his muffin that Carla made the other night.

"I'm leaving when Carla gets here. She's taking you to your field trip. Be good and remember what I said about running off in the museum." I say sternly even though Chris has been to museums before and knows the protocol about staying with the class.

"Okay. Dad, can I ask you something?" I watch Chris put his food down on a napkin.

"Of course, mijo." I pull out a chair and sit across from him. 

"Can Amelia go to school with me? She doesn't like her new school and says that girls pick on her because of her bandages." Chris says slowly while making puppy eyes.

He does that when there's something he really wants like to see his mother's gravestone.

"Oh, Chris. That's not something I can decide. That's something that she has to talk about with her dad, Buck. I am glad you told me though. I can talk to Buck today at work." I bite my lip knowing that Buck won't talk to me in private. 

He talks at lunches and on calls though. 

A moment later while I'm thinking of a way to respond to my son, there's a knock at the door. 

Thank the lord, for Carla. She always saves the day. 

"Hey Carla, thank you for taking him to the museum. I left some money on the counter if you want to eat at the cafeteria. I'll try to take him to the next field trip if my schedule accommodates it." I hug her lightly while Chris finishes his breakfast. 

"I'll see you after dinner Chris. Remember only half an hour of video game time since it's a school night." I grab my bad and care keys before I go mess with his hair to make him laugh.