You say that I play too much, maybe you're not game enough

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡
𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡

𝐌𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐥𝐞, 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞
𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞
𝐍𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭, 𝐧𝐨 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞

𝐌𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐥𝐞, 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐍𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭, 𝐧𝐨 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞

Eddie

"So, sorry I'm late Cap. Carla has a stomach bug and his Abuela is feeling weak today. I didn't know where to take him." I hold Chris' hand and carry his school backpack since today is the beginning of a long weekend.

I notice Buck staring at me from the top of the stairs while he's holding onto a coffee mug. We haven't talked since our kiss in the stairwell more than a week ago. I am afraid I sent him miscommunication signals.

"You knew where to take him. Here. The 118 is family, Eddie. He can ride in the truck with us for the day." Cap says while I help Christopher to a seat in the downstairs lounge. 

"Thanks cap. Promise, it won't happen again." I sigh and give Christopher his iPad. 

"Dad, who is going to help me with math homework when your working?" Chris looks up at me with puppy eyes.

He loves school more than anything else. I think the change from public to private school helped his self-esteem. I am still thinking about what Buck said about wanting to let Amelia go to school with Christopher. 

If we're in the fried zone and he's ignoring me, I don't know how we can be parents at the same school for our kids. 

"Chimney can help you. I need to go change into my uniform, I'll be right around the corner if you need me." I say while Chimney gasps at me giving me a look of confusion.

"Hey, whoever said that a firefighter could do elementary math?" Chimney replies while I head up towards behind the stairs to the locker rooms. 

"Well, Chim. Today's your lucky day. You are going to tutor Chris in Math while we sit in the lounge and wait for the bell to ring," I hear Hen say loudly while laughing as I pull my shirt over my head in the locker rooms. 

"I hate you guys. I love Christopher though." I hear Chim groan loudly from the main room.

As I zip up my LAFD pants, I hear a quiet knock on the door. 

It's Buck and he has suddenly closed the door slowly and quietly. 

Now, he wants to talk, of course. 

"Um hi, I just wanted to thank you for the other day. The breakfast and flowers made Amelia smile. I haven't seen her that happy since she got out of the hospital." Buck says while pausing at his words.