Chapter Two

Kamari's POV

"I know we left things off on a sour note and said things we didn't mean," Simone said while sniffling.

She's right the last time we spoke was when I told Grandma and Simone that I was going to move out and be with Alejandro.

It was very dark and it haunted my dreams for weeks until I went and got some help from my therapist.

"I know Simone I'm so sorry for the things I said to you and Grandma I don't know what I was thinking," I said while grabbing some napkins to dry my face.

"It's alright Mari I forgive you and Grandma forgives you too and we just want to see your face it's been 4 years Mari," she said crying.

I put her on speakerphone so I could place the phone in my lap to dry my eyes again.

I really can't believe it's been 4 years since I've spoken with them. "I just can't believe it's been that long how is Grandma doing anyways," I said.

"She isn't doing so well that's part of why I'm reaching out right now. She fell into a deeply depressing state when you left Mari she stopped eating for months," she said.

"I don't think I should tell you this on the phone we need to meet up because it sounded like you were driving," she said in a concerned tone.

"Ok yeah I was about to pull out of the thrift store you know that was Grandma and I's bonding time," I said laughing while thinking about the good times.

"You still be thrifting girl grow up I'm just playing but hey I have the rest of the week off so would you like to join me for a brunch date tomorrow at noon" she asked.

"I would love to sis just text me the details and I'll be there," I said happily. "Ok cool because we have a lot to catch up on I got me a man baby," she said while laughing.

I looked at my phone and smirked like she could see me and told her she was gone have to tell me all about him.

We exchanged our I love you's and said our goodbyes and hung up the phone. I pulled out of the parking lot and I started to think about that day when I left...

-Four years ago-

"Well somebody say something," I said to the only two women in my life.

"I don't know what to say actually yes I do you are 17 Kamari he is 19 how could you guys possibly support yourselves," Simone said with all honesty.

"We will figure it out this is who I see myself spending the rest of my life with Simone be happy for me, please," I said to her.

"So you got it all planned out huh you are only 17 years old boy you don't know what love is your just a horny teen that needs to be guided," Grandma said making me look at her like she had grown two heads.

"Kamari I love you but you're not leaving this house Simone grab his bags and put his shit back in his room now," Grandma said.

"See this is why I want to be out on my own you always breathing down my neck I just want to be unrestricted from you," I told her with tears welling up in my eyes

Grandma walked over to me grabbed my hands and said. "You're still a baby and you need me," she said with tears in her eyes.

I dropped her hands and tried to walk out of the door but Simone jumped in front of it. "Move Simone she can't keep me here like this I will not feel like I need to depend on her forever," I said while screaming at her.

When I said that she looked at me with her eyes widened in shock. I tried to move her out of the way and get out but she planted her feet firmly so I couldn't move her.

"Move Simone let me leave I don't want to be here anymore I want to be with Alejandro," I said. "I have tried my best to raise you and Simone when your parents died and this is how you repay me," Grandma said making me turn around.

"You know what I'm tired of you always throwing that shit up in my face My momma and Daddy might be gone but I will not let you keep reminding me that they aren't," I said with tears in my eyes.

"You always keeping tabs on me I cant do shit in this fucking house and like I said I'm leaving this fucking house," I said to my grandmother.

Once I said that I felt a huge slap come across my face. I looked at my grandma in disbelief she had never slapped me before.

"Have you lost yo damn mind talking to me in that manner boy I am your grandma and you will treat me with respect I don't care how old you are" she said crying.

"But you go on ahead and when you leave you better not come back here ever again and Alejandro is no good I told you that a long time ago but I guess that doesn't matter now," She said with a tear-stained face.

I looked over at Simone and she was crying and shaking her head. "Mari how could you do this to us you leaving us to be with that Mexican nigga what the fuck is that," she said making my stomach drop.

"You know what Simone fuck you fuck both of yall I'm not ever coming back here again I don't give a fuck I will be just fine without y'all," I screamed at the both of them.

Grandma walked up the stairs sobbing while praying to God on her way to her room. I looked at Simone and she slapped me in the face too.

"Get out Mari since you wanna be grown don't call me or my grandmother ever again Mari and I mean it," she said while opening the door.

I walked out and got into Alejandro's car and just cried all the way to his parent's house.....

I was knocked out of my thoughts when I heard a car horn signaling me that I was on the wrong side of the road. I instantly swerved back into my lane. Damn, that could have been a tragic accident I thought to myself

Hey you guys that warp up Chapter Two I was kind of contemplating on should I add a flashback this early in the book but my dare-devil side said go for it and so with that I did period but y'all vote ✅ comment💬 and follow me you know you want to and I'll see you guys in the next chapter😝✨👑

Hey you guys that warp up Chapter Two I was kind of contemplating on should I add a flashback this early in the book but my dare-devil side said go for it and so with that I did period but y'all vote ✅  comment💬 and follow me you know you want to...