Chapter Two

After helping Anya use the bathroom, they all chose a spot and began settling down. Although the city was nearby, making it there by sundown was unlikely due to how late it already was. Once Anya finishes, Annie and Arlo sat down and discussed how they were going to do this. Originally; Arlo suggested sleeping in shifts, but Annie shot that down because if that's the case they would very quickly fail. She was exhausted, and honestly knew that she would fall asleep while watching them. Anna eventually suggested an idea that made sense to all of them; they found a large bush nearby, and Annie worked on making a small opening, allowing the children to follow suit without much issue.

Once they had all settled, Annie took a good look at all three of them. She thought for a few moments, while she looked the children over. Arlo looked to be eight, ten at the most he had messy chestnut brown hair and blue eyes, Anna's hair was dirty blonde with chocolate brown eyes, and finally Anya... Anya was the strangest looking out of all of them. She had short pink hair that curled at the ends, and vivid emerald eyes. She couldn't help but wonder how these children got their original 'names'. If you can even call it that, the facility had literally just slapped a number on them. She was Three, or more specifically 003. That means more than likely Arlo was 010. Her stomach sunk at the thought; no... the possibility that they were simply numbered by when they came in. 1, 2, 3... Who were 001 and 002? Did they even exist? There was a possibility that Annie was incorrect, although it was doubtful. Annie remembered her first day at the facility. When she had gone to go eat breakfast, there had been a large range of children of all different ages. There had been children older than her; but they disappeared.

"Big Sister Annie?" Anya's voice snapped her out of her thoughts, and she turned to look at her.

"Yes?" Annie responded, looking down and smiling softly. Anya looked up with worry filling her eyes. It was a strange to see Anya so worried, and Annie felt that she had to make her feel better.

"Anya is worried about big sister..." Anya admitted sheepishly, glancing off to the side and then looking back at her. "Are you okay?"

"I'm quite alright, thank you for worrying about me, Anya." Annie said, reaching around the girl's small frame and hugging her gently. Anya hugged back cheerfully.

Night fell rather quickly after that, she helped the children to sleep and then eventually fell asleep herself. This time, she was confident nobody would find them. She and the children slept flawlessly throughout the night.

When they woke up, Annie was the first one to wake up. This wasn't anything new, as she was usually the one who got startled awake or something. She sat up, and began adjusting her raven black hair while dusting dirt, grass and let's be honest... probably bugs out of it. She shuttered at the thought that there was some kind of spider in it.

"Good morning~" Anna said with a sing-songy tone to her voice. She followed suit with her hair as Annie began waking up Anya and Arlo, who were the heaviest sleepers. It no doubt would take a bit to fully wake them up. Annie began brushing the dirt out of Anya's hair as Anna shook Arlo awake.

After they had finished freshening up as much as they could, they finally set off down the hill. All three children sitting in the makeshift sling as Annie carried them all down the hill. She walked for ages until they finally stumbled upon the orphanage. Annie didn't want to go here, but... it was the best option they had... And she felt better ensuring that Anna and Arlo at least are adopted into loving homes. Anya, too, of course. But she knew Anya would probably be returned like in the manga; Anya was still young. Anna and Arlo were old enough to acknowledge that their powers are a bit of a downside. After actually arriving in this orphanage, Annie realized it wasn't the same one from the manga, and... even worse. It didn't have any extra space. They were quickly transferred out to another orphanage, and then after Anya freaked out the owner of that one, they were transferred to another. The one from the manga Annie walked up to the gate, which must've broken sometime prior to the manga's events, considering it wasn't broken.