Chapter Six

Today was finally the day; the day of Eden Academy's second examination. The family interview. Everyone's nerves had been up for the last couple of days for obvious reasons. Loid was worried about failing, Yor was terrified of making a fool of herself, and Anya was horrified that she was going to mess up Loid's mission. Annie had a bigger issue though; she was afraid of letting her intelligence show. If she acts too intelligently, won't someone notice something is up? Or should she just let lose and become a child prodigy?

Annie knew that all the options have their downsides, although it'd be best if she acknowledged the fact that it'd be better if she did outwardly express her intelligence. She sighed, as she had woken up about an hour ago and was unable to go back to sleep. She was having some difficulty sleeping lately, but it was bound to happen. Either way, today was re-dying day. She arose from her bed, walking as quietly as she could as she collected her hair dye from her closet; she had buried it pretty deep to ensure Yor had no way of finding it. Not that Yor actively went through their belongings or anything.

She walked out of her bedroom and across the hall to the bathroom, where she shut and locked the door. When she had looked at the clock on the way in, it had read 4:45AM, so she still had a decent chunk of time before the rest of her family begins waking up. She was fully prepared to simply re-dye her hair, but while she was staring into the mirror at her reflection, something just... came over her. She grabbed a pair of nearby scissors, and began chopping chunks of her hair off. She felt the strands of her hair gliding down her back onto the floor. Once she was done, she took a moment to adjust any length issues, she finally stopped when her hair reached just under her shoulders. She stared at herself in the mirror for a few seconds, before somehow cutting her bangs into a decent fringe.

Then, once she was finished with that she began dying her hair. She did all the same things she did the first time; this time it was easier due to her hair being shorter though. This was better in the long run as well, as she wouldn't need to worry about going through dye too quickly. She quickly wrapped a bonnet around her head, and tossed the hair dye and bottle into the trash. She had somehow avoided getting any dye on her clothes or skin, but the bonnet she was wearing was most definitely going to get stained. It was a good thing that it was pink! After it had been about 40 minutes, she quickly removed the bonnet and hopped into the shower. She didn't shampoo and condition, as it would've damaged the dye. She had washed it recently though, so it was no big deal. She sighed softly as she looked down and watched the dyed water stream down her body, while in the shower she uses a hairbrush to detangle her hair.

Once she stepped out and glanced in the mirror, she realized just how curly her hair was. After showering, her hair had begun to curl around, but she actually wanted a unique hairstyle, she walked up to the mirror, happy to see herself and not that girl. She used the hairbrush to brush her hair's curls outwards, creating a look that was similar to the usual 60's housewife. This was short-lived however, as her hair snapped back into it's messy style, each strand curling in a different direction, it was strange, despite it appearing messy, it almost had a regal feel to it.

Annie finished drying off, and then wrapped the towel around her body. She then turned and walked out of the bathroom, and across the hallway, back into the bedroom she shares with Anya. While she thought, she got dressed. The clothes she had decided to wear was a light blue button up shirt with a white Peter Pan collar, paired with it is a white a-line skirt. She wore a pair of simple black stockings and black mary-janes with it. On top of it all she wore a light beige cardigan.

After this, she walked out into the living area. She walked over to the refrigerator and began making breakfast, she opted for something simple as there was a chance Yor or Anya's nervousness would get to them. Or, admittedly, even her own get to her. So, she decided to make a batch of buttered toast, and sunny-side up eggs. She quickly cooked up enough for everyone, just as Loid and Yor made their way out of their bedrooms. They were confused when they saw the table was completely set, and the food was laid out, just waiting to be eaten.