(19) Bridal Harmony

Coriolanus and Lucy Gray awoke to the delightful aroma of breakfast served in bed. Lumi eventually joined them, and the family of three savored a cozy breakfast together.

Once they finished, they dispersed to different rooms to freshen up and prepare for the day, each having their own stylists awaiting them.

In Lucy Gray's room, Tigris added the final touches to Lucy Gray's dress.

"It's beautiful."

Tigris smiled at Lucy Gray. "Thank you, the color you picked was really nice."

Lucy Gray had chosen a cream color for the dress, and even the veil. In the Capitol, where white typically symbolized purity for weddings, Lucy Gray's choice stood out.

She wasn't pure, no... and her soon-to-be husband wasn't any purer than she was. They both carried the weight of choices stained with blood, far from innocence.

While Tigris was helping Lucy Gray put on her dress, thoughts of doubts started to flood her mind.

Is this what I want? To get married to the president of Panem, to leave my last name behind?

"No... I'm doing this for myself and for Lumi. I want her to have a better life than I did, than her father did. This place can offer her opportunities and safety that I never had."

She turned to the mirror, admiring herself—the dress, the hair, the makeup. She looked beautiful, thanks to Tigris' skillful touch.

This was definitely different from what she expected in life.

She always thought she would marry in the districts, surrounded by nature and the Covey.

She wished they could be here, her family witnessing her getting married. She always regretted not being able to say goodbye to them and Maude Ivory. Everything happened so suddenly; does she even know what happened to them?

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

"How's it going in here?"

Tigris looked at Coriolanus. "I'll leave you two alone" and left the room.

Lucy Gray smiled, "You know, it's bad luck to look at the bride before the wedding."

Coriolanus stepped into the room, his eyes widened as he saw Lucy Gray in her wedding attire. The cream-colored dress accentuated her grace and radiance, and he couldn't help but be captivated by her beauty.

"Wow," he breathed, a genuine smile forming on his face. "You look absolutely stunning, Lucy Gray."

Lucy Gray blushed, her nerves momentarily replaced by the warmth of the compliment. "Thank you, Coriolanus."

"But before I go, I want to give you this,"
Coriolanus said, approaching Lucy Gray with a box. When he opened it, inside was a beautiful ring with diamonds shaped like a snowflake.

"For you"

Lucy Gray raised her hand. "No, I can't take that. It's too fine."

"I want you to have it," he said, gently sliding the ring onto her finger.

"It was my mother's ring, and I want you to have it. When Lumi gets married, you can pass it on to her."

He kissed her forehead and then lowered himself to meet her belly. Though not showing much, the small bump was undeniable. She was almost halfway through her pregnancy, and they had chosen not to know the gender, wanting it to be a delightful surprise.

Coriolanus secretly hoped for a boy, while Lucy Gray simply wished for a healthy baby.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───