20. Eventful day

After having seen the youngest Weasley son and Potter yesterday in that flying car, Izel hadn't seen them at all. She thought that they either had died or had gotten to Hogwarts eventually and something else had happened. There had been some rumours that they crashed a flying car into the Whomping willow, but she didn't dwell long on it. Anyway, Luna had been sorted into Ravenclaw, while Ginny became a Gryffindor.

Izel thought it suited Luna, but both were a bit disappointing that they weren't in the same house.

A day after the sorting, Izel seated herself beside her sister at the Ravenclaw table for breakfast and spotted Harry and Ron walking into the Great Hall. So they hadn't died after all.

Shrugging, she turned her gaze at Luna again, who had a beaming look on her face.

Neville had remained seated at the Gryffindor table, as he didn't want to intrude.

Just as Izel was shoving a mouthful of scrambled eggs in her mouth, a loud booming female voice filled the hall, silencing the chatting voices of the students and faculty.

„....STEALING THE CAR, I WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SURPRISED IF THEY'D EXPELLED YOU WAIT TILL I GET HOLD OF YOU, I DON'T SUPPOSE YOU STOPPED TO THINK WHAT YOUR FATHER AND I WENT THROUGH WHEN WE SAW IT HAD GONE.."

By now everyone had turned to see who had received a howler. There was a red letter with just a mouth, almost just like the one from the ministry Izel had gotten. It was looking at Ron Weasley. So it was clear to everyone now, that the voice of the howler must be his mother's.

„....LETTER FROM DUMBLEDORE LAST NIGHT, I THOUGHT YOUR FATHER WOULD DIE OF SHAME, WE DIDN'T BRING YOU UP TO BEHAVE LIKE THIS, YOU AND HARRY COULD HAVE DIED..."

From the Ravenclaw table, Izel could see Rons cheeks reddening, his gaze averted to his full plate.

As if knowing that he wasn't looking at the howler, it screamed,

„RONALD WEASLEY!" his gaze snapped up.

„HOW DARE YOU STEAL THAT CAR! I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED, YOUR FATHER'S FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK, IT'S ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT AND IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT HOME."

It was silent for quite a while, the howler and Ron just staring at eachother. Then, the howler turned to face his sister.

„Oh, and Ginny dear, Congratulations on making it into Gryffindor, your father and I are so proud." The howler congratulated her calmly and ripped itself apart, the remained snippets falling onto Rons plate. Ginny had avertered her gaze, feeling embarrassed by the situation.

Laughter filled the air, making Ron's cheeks reddening further.

Slowly talks broke out again, some still snickering while looking at the red-haired boy.

Izel hadn't been able to hold back a smirk herself.

After the students had finished eating and the tables were summoned clear of the food and the dishwares, Professor McGonagall handed out the timetables.

Hers was stating that she was going to have double herbology with the Slytherins first, while Lunas stated that she was going to have Potions with the Gryffindor first-years.

„Good luck." Izel snickered, while holding the timetable in front of her mouth so Luna wouldn't see. Izel then patted her little sister on the shoulder and trotted off.

▕⃝⃤

Izel was now standing with several other second-years from Gryffindor and Slytherin in front of the greenhouse, waiting for Professor Sprout, their herbology teacher.