21. Discovered

(AN: I've just noticed that my story hit the 1k reads, thank you so much <333)

Since the incident in Lockhart's class, Neville and Izel had been sort of avoiding each other. The hand holding when running out of class sparked something in each of them and since then, whenever they saw each other, they blushed terribly and changed their direction.

Izel didn't quite know why she felt like this, she had never felt anything like it. Whenever she saw Neville her heart began to beat faster and her stomach felt funny.

So to distract herself and it being the weekend, she decided to practice her power again.

A few days prior, she had tried to speak to Fred and George again, but they didn't notice her and walked off with Potter, which upset her.

Anyhow, now she was once again in the forbidden forest practicing her magic, Regulus and Leo accompanying her. She wasn't far in it, but away from Hagrids hut to avoid meeting him.

The book was laying in front of her again, she had been reading a few pages and had found an interesting chapter titled;

'Unlocking the power within you'

It explained that to unlock or bring forth the reader's power, confidence and self-trust were mainly required. The main thing to do, however, was kind of similar to conjuring a patronus. Thinking of something that made the reader happy, or in this case, what the goal with using the power was and how it would benefit the reader, or on who it was directed at.

That seemed easy enough, Izel thought. She tried to conjure a small wisp in her hand, trying to think of something. What would it benefit her right now?

Right, gaining more control of her power.

Nothing happened.

So, not enough then?

Fine, then how about... being able to wield her power at will?

Still nothing.

„Uggh, this is useless!!!" With that she let herself fall back, her back hitting the grass.

„What's useless?"

Regulus hissed at the sudden interruption and Leo hid behind Izel, who had sat up and closed the book quickly.

Behind out of some trees stepped out three students wearing casual clothes, like herself.

The person who had asked what had been useless had dark skin, short black hair that was kind of messy with red threads in it, and a fairly mischievous look on her face. She looked almost the same age as the boy. In the middle stood the boy with short blonde hair, tan skin, and an expression of boredom on his face. He looked to be about fifteen. The girl that stood next to him had a light skin, was slightly plump with brown hair and a joyful look on her face, she looked younger than the two of them.

„O my god! O my god! Is that a unicorn baby??!!" The chubby girl squealed in joy.

'god?'

Izel slowly put the book behind her back as she stood up, hoping they hadn't noticed.

„Whatcha hiding there?" The boy asked, stalking around her, trying to get a look.

„Leave the girl alone, Charlie." The black haired girl sighed.

„Don't call me Charlie!" The boy bickered.

„So, what are you doing here in the forbidden forest with a unicorn and a cat?"

„None of your business." Izel snarled, standing in front of Leo and Regulus. She was outnumbered and would rather have them hurt her than her pets.

„Ooh, feisty, me likey." 'Charlie' spoke.