𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝑩𝒓𝒐𝒌𝒆𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒍, 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒏𝒆𝑰 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒗𝒆𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒏

𝑰 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒗𝒆
𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒏.
                  ______ 𝓦𝓱𝓮𝓷 𝓘 𝓖𝓸

IVANNA WAS SOMEONE WHO HAD A HEART AS PURE AS THE WINTER'S SNOW. She had never seen the snow or felt the cold wind on her skin, but she'd prayed for it ever since she's come up in this heated glade. It had never come. Only sun rays shined down on her or the dark skies flooded the area with rain and Thunder. Ivanna was a quiet person, she kept to herself most of the time. Only a select few were able to break through her shell and that was only because she let them.

She didn't know why she was in this exact predicament. Being between four walls with a group of boys wasn't something she thought was normal. Ivanna wondered if there was life outside the walls, if there were other girls. She couldn't be the only one. Could she? Even if she wasnt, she was the only one here.

The moment she came up in that box, she was instantly surrounded. Boys shouting at her, in both confusion and excitement. Dragging her out before any order could be set. Ivanna bit her tongue to stop her from putting her hands on any of them. Luckily, someone had stopped them and they seemed to listen to him. He had offered his hand but Ivanna had stayed on the ground, her eyes set on the soil.

He had told her his name was Alby. Ivanna guessed he was just trying to gain some trust. But she couldn't even introduce herself. Because she didn't remember her name. She learned quickly that no one remembered their name until a few days in the glade. Glade. It was a funny name if you thought about it.

Usually he put people in the pit before he showed them around. But Alby wouldn't let any of them touch her, and she wasn't exactly moving herself. Ivanna had sat on the dirt for at least a few hours, at least until the sun started to set. She heard footsteps running past her, hushed whispers, but no one had talked to her since Alby.

That was until Newt knelt beside her. He didnt say anything right away. Ivanna was sure he was just going to wait for her to speak first. But he spoke up a few minutes later. A simple, 'Are you hurt?' Leaving his lips. Ivanna would only shake her head. Anytime Newt asked her a question, she didn't respond, using only her head to answer him. She was almost too scared to talk.

Newt was empathetic, not pushing her to actually respond to him. Ivanna remembered her first impression of him. He was very sweet to her, never going past any boundaries. Newt also kept the conversation one sided before she eventually started to talk back. She even went through a period where she would only speak to him and no one else.