𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒘𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒐 𝒉𝒊𝒈𝒉 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒐 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒄𝒍𝒊𝒎𝒃 𝒖𝒑

𝒕𝒐 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒄𝒍𝒊𝒎𝒃 𝒖𝒑. 𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆
𝒂𝒏𝒚 𝒍𝒂𝒅𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒊𝒈𝒉 𝒖𝒑.
                   ______ 𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓬𝓴𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓷𝓮𝓼

NEWT WAS LEANT AGAINST THE TREE, his eyes trained on the door that Ivanna would be coming out of. He didn't usually keep track but today she was running somewhere new so he wanted to make sure she got back okay. He couldn't help but worry when it got closer and closer to when the doors were supposed to close. He didn't even notice when Alby had made his way over to him. Newt had his eyes glued in front of him as he rubbed his palms together.

"Newt, did you check in with the builders?" Albys voice barely registers with Newt as he continues to stare at the doors. When he doesnt get an answer, Alby furrows his eyebrows, taking a step closer. "Newt?" He asks, finally getting his attention. Newt glances toward him, finally noticing Alby.

"What?"

"The builders. Did you talk to them?" Alby says once more, seeing that Newt actually heard him this time. Newt was a bit confused as he just looks back at him. Until he remembered he was supposed to talk to Gally about extending some of the huts.

"Oh, no. Not yet." Newt denies, shaking his head as he looks back in front of him. He saw a shadow on the wall and he felt his heart race.

"Can you do that now?" Alby questions, crossing his arms against his chest. Newt nods his head but he wasn't really listening to what Alby was saying, especially when he saw ivanna running out of the maze.

"Yeah, yeah. Sure." He mumbles, pushing himself off of the tree and starting to walk toward Ivanna.

"Because we really need to expand the--"
Alby starts to explain to him but gets cut off by Newt who nods his head, barely even glancing back at him.

"That sounds great, Alby." Newt all but brushed him off as he made his way to the runner. Alby just watches him, a scoff leaving his lips as he shakes his head before turning to head back to the main hut. "Hey." Newt says as he waves his hand. Ivanna glances around before her eyes set on him.

"Hi." She responds quietly as she tries to catch her breath. Running a hand through her ponytail, she sees Newt just staring at her for a moment. He clears his throat, looking away from her.

"How'd the new route go?" Newt asks her curiously. It's not what he wanted to say but it had come out. Newt never really knew what to say to her, he just winged it most of the time.