The Black Wolf and the Green Flame

"Your turn." I remind him.

He pauses. Considering our position plus my reaction, it was expected. In order to reach his eyepatch, I had subconsciously placed myself against him in such a way that my knees were between his thighs. I was now staring at him downward with his face still in my hands and I wasn't going to let go anytime soon. And after seeing his eyes my curiosity just doubled. However, I really had a great memory, and it was still his turn.

And he must have been more confused on my calm state after knowing his secret. Yes, 'SECRET', because if people had any idea, it would have spread like a wildfire in the supernatural community.

"Hmm, do you still wish, Jason was your mate?" he whispers. For a moment I could see uncertainty in his voice. In all honesty, I had been more than disgusted when I found out Jason was my mate. I would have him reject me sooner or later. My problem was how he chose to reject me.

"No, not one bit. My only problem was he could have not made it public and shame me in my birthday party. My mom really made it special; you see the eighteenth birthday. And he ruined it." I inform him.

"So, who are you?" was my next question and he wasn't fazed at all. who didn't know the Rogue King. And me asking this now wouldn't make sense to anyone listening in our conversation. But his eyes, they were golden. As I stare at him still waiting in silence his blue eye return to their original color; golden. It could only mean one thing; he was a king... A BLACK WOLF.

Werewolves are usually measured by their color. Black was rare and the strongest, as for white, it was next. Red was third, grey and blond were on the fourth and finally brown were the weakest. And all these were also measured in size, the last three usually differed regarding their effort, training and size. Alphas by blood were usually bigger in size compared to the normal wolves.

White being the rarest as they existed only one at a time were nothing more than a myth, black wolves only existed four at a time and all of them were from the royal line. Not once in the history of werewolves was a black born in other than the Royal line.
The Black wolves would be identified by their hair and eyes. Just like how a white wolf would be identified by violet eyes and platinum blond hair, Black wolf would have black hair and golden eyes. And this guy here was one of them.

"I do sometimes wonder, who I am?" were his words that left me speechless. Just what is this guy. He knows everything and yet he doesn't know.

I did not reply. And before we could continue this farce, we hear a knock laced with urgency. I hurriedly detach myself from my mate and sit back on the couch while he answers with a quick come in.

The door bursts open showing a very tensed and worried Alex. He was now back in his casual attire. He was breathing heavily from his run back here from whatever problem it was.
"Alpha! It's- it's Leah. She's gone crazy again and has been destroying everything in sight." He gives in a rushed tone.

My mate rises abruptly and gives me a sideways look. That was my cue to follow him.
"Where is she?" He questions as he makes a move towards the door. I too stand up and follow him out of the pack house.

"Around the Cabin." Is all he says, and we rush towards the 'cabin' Alex just mentioned.

==========

Once we reach the spot, I gasp at the sight in front of me. The 'cabin' Alex mentioned was none other than the center of the pack territory where most of the wolves reside and work. And almost everything was burning in green flames.

In the center there was a fountain in front of which, I think the 'Leah' Alex mentioned, a girl around my age with straight black hair that reached her waist, flowing in the breeze in a creepy way aside and with a dull forest green eyes stood looking up more like she was in daze. She didn't move, she stood there doing nothing, her eyes showed nothingness. However, there were wailing and cries all around here.

I start to look around and help people who are left. As for others, they had been evacuated, it was something Alex said 'they were on it' while on our way here.

Once everyone was out and safe, I stare and the girl who let alone move, hadn't even blinked once. Green flame and her piercing aura indicate a strong witch, but she isn't exactly a witch. There's something more to it. Who is she?

As my mate stepped towards her finally there was a movement, she blinked. Her eyes were back to gleaming forest green. However, she didn't move. Tears started to fall from her eyes. They started to show panic, restlessness and helplessness, as if she wanted to stop all this, like something or someone was holding her down not letting her stop, more like sadness and worthlessness. A feeling of not being needed.

I know, she had been rejected. She had lost a lot of things in her life she had held dear. A lot sufferings. She had been hiding her witch side all this time. She was a hybrid. She was just like me, except for I am a full werewolf.
Now, I am a healer, I could pinpoint the psychological problems as well.

But a werewolf and a witch hybrid, she reminded me of Ty.
Suddenly, there is another movement. She opens and closes her mouth as if trying to say something.
"Save me, please, Alpha." She mouths. Those words weren't loud. I read her lips. My mate finally walked up to her and pressed a nerve on her neck. A very precise and genius move. Only someone with a lot of knowledge and experience could pull it off. No wonder he is my mate.

The next moment, the girl faints into the hands of my mate. I don't exactly like it that our mate is holding another female, but I am the type to understand and consider the situation calmly. Soon Alex and a blond guy come over and take her away to the healing center.
Within seconds the fire dies down.

My mate looks around with his back faced towards me.
"Who is she?" I ask him.

"Abraham's daughter." replies without bothering to turn around.

"Um... is he someone important, like um... someone I should know." I question him in return to his casual answer I would just know.

"He goes by different names." A considerably long pause. He then continues.

"His name- Abraham Claws. To his people he is 'The Leader'."
Another annoyingly long pause considering how curious I was.

"To the world he goes by one name-"
He turns around to face me. He looks straight into my eyes and completes.

"FEAR."