008 - 𝐬𝐚𝐦'𝐬 𝐜𝐮𝐥𝐭

BLOOD BORN • CHAPTER EIGHT
⋆𖤐₊˚.༄ 008. sam's cult

— in which valera and bella go see jacob

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐄𝐈𝐑𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐑𝐀 𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐎, and harder for Isabella Swan lately. Almost everyday, Bella constantly told her about how Jacob wouldn't answer calls to the point that she even wondered if she screwed things up with him. Valera couldn't understand why, though. He loved her too much to just stop all of a sudden. The descriptions he'd give about her, and the way he fantasized just told Valera alone, he wouldn't give up that easily. Jacob wasn't a quieter either, so that was definitely off the list. She too began calling, once a day compared to Bella's five times a day. But just like Bella, she too received nothing. No pick up, no call back. Jacob's father, Billy, answered once. He told her that Jacob had 'mono' and that it's better if both her and Bella stayed away so they didn't get it either. Bella didn't buy it. Valera, on the other hand, wasn't so sure. She knew Jacob was raising a temperature that night at the movies, maybe he really was ill. It had been a week since they'd gone out to the movies, and a week since anyone had heard from Jacob. Jace was the same way, however, his mom did message Valera saying that he was super ill. It was now Saturday, one of the days she didn't want to spend with anyone, she wanted to read her books and play with Vader. However, those dreams were crushed when Bella asked if she would help her since Jacob wasn't around.

As she parked the Jeep on the street outside the Swan Residence, Valera looked up to the clouds, painted black. The hazy shades of winter were more turning into a storm riddled month. She walked into the house, making her way through the kitchen to the living room. Bella was leaning over the study desk, hovering over the telephone. Valera smiled to Charlie and Harry Clearwater as she entered, reaching Bella's side with her glimpse of happiness and Bella's glimpse of sadness. Bella wouldn't move or say anything. She stayed frozen, glaring at the telephone.

"Hey..." Charlie began, "Look, I don't have to go fishing today."

"Yes, you do." Harry Clearwater said from behind Valera which made her laugh.

Finally Bella arose, "Yeah, you do. Go. What are you talking about? Just be careful."

"I always am." Charlie finally said before following out with Harry to their fishing trip.

Valera looked to Bella, then to the window where the rain poured down once again. The Swan girl looked like she was thinking about doing something stupid and reckless, like always.

"We're going to Jake's." She said, proving Valera's intuition. The brunette grabbed her coat and headed toward the door.

"Billy said it's best to stay away from Jake. I don't want Mono!" Valera whined, chasing after her.

Bella sighed, "I don't but it."

"Why don't you buy it? It's shared by saliva. So he could've easily took a drink from someone else's drink and got sick!" Valera states, but Bella opened the screen door and left towards her truck, anyway.

Of course, she followed.

The drive wasn't that long from Forks to La Push, but the rain had gotten heavier since they left. Bella pulled up in front of Jacob's house, and surprise, surprise. There Jacob was, shirtless, walking through the rain.

"Told you I didn't buy it!" Bella said, parking the truck.

Valera didn't say anything but shrugged. Bella got out of the truck, treading through the muddy ground in the downpour of rain to catch up to him. Valera sat still, with her legs bent up on the dashboard ready to watch this entertaining conversation of both her friends. She heard Bella call his name and watched him stop. The rest of their conversation was blurred out by the rain, but their body language seemed just as tense as Jacob and Jace's argument. To her disbelief, Jacob had cut his long hair. Valera started thinking about Sam's cult. Just like Embry, he too cut his hair and seemed distant. It all made sense.

She looked closely to the edge of the forest, seeing five figures. She now knew that Sam had gotten to Jacob. So much for that "show off - bad boy" act that Jacob once hated. Now he was a part of it. Some hypocrite. Could Jace be a part of it too? Valera questioned herself. Valera narrowed her vision, noticing Embry and then Jared, and next to Jared, there he stood; Jace Cameron. She flicked her eyes to Jacob, who was heading to join them. She rolled her eyes, growing angry with this Sam guy. First, he took away a kid she started to like. Then, it was her friend from the river. And now, her two best friends. Valera could feel Bella tensing up, wanting to cry even more. She'd lost Edward and now Jacob. Valera, herself, became angry with the lot of them, from Sam to Embry to Jared to Jace and now Jacob. She hadn't even met this "Paul" guy, but she hated him too.

"Bella!" Valera called out to her, whilst hanging half way out of the truck door, trying her best to not get soaked.

Bella turned to her, taking a moment before storming back to the truck. She slammed the door, beginning to cry. Valera didn't know what to say, she kept her eyes on Jacob who'd now joined the cult. Her eyes flicked on last time to Jace, her heart breaking the slightest bit. All six of them stood watching the truck.

Valera shook her head, completely frustrated. "Let's go home, Bells."

KYLEE SPEAKS !

KYLEE SPEAKS !

— thank you guys so much for 1k reads!!! i never thought my book would ever reach that amount of readers! thank you guys from the bottom of my heart for your support!

— sorry this chapter is short🥺 but if you liked feel free to vote and comment :)

xoxo