025 - 𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

BLOOD BORN • CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
⋆𖤐₊˚.༄ 025. invitation

— in which she's gets an invitation to her best friends wedding

𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐑𝐀 𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐋𝐘, one arm wrapped around Embry's waist beside her whilst the other held a silver invitation. A wedding invitation. Seth came bounding out of his own kitchen to see what they were examining. Since the battle, Valera had been living wherever Embry lived - either Emily's little home or the Clearwater's house.

"We've been invited to a wedding, cool!" Seth cheered, patting his hands on the couple's shoulders in front of them.

Leah frowned, whilst she helped her mother prepare a nice lunch. "There's no way I'm going to that."

Sue Clearwater flicked her eyes, "Well Seth and I will be going. It would be rude to Charlie if we didn't show up and besides Valera is a bridesmaid."

Valera smiled at Sue Clearwater. The lady was often quiet but did surprise everybody when she did say something. She became Valera's second mother in a way. It was everything Valera needed.

"Well I hope you guys have fun, I'll go check on Jacob. No doubt he's angry over Bella marrying Edward." Embry finally said, kissing the girl's forehead.

Valera turned wide-eyed at him. "Aren't you attending with me?"

"I doubt the entire wolf pack has been invited. It is truly up to Sam. Alpha's orders, remember?" Embry answered her, his hand squeezing hers.

Valera nodded, letting Embry go to find Jacob's whereabouts. The paranormal life had its ups and downs and for her significant other not being able to attend her best friend's wedding due to the fact that they are a different type of person was definitely a downer.

Seth jumped onto the couch, flicking the TV on. Valera sat beside him, retrieving a handful of popcorn from his bowl.

"Bet you wish you were a wolf now." Seth laughed with his mouth full of popcorn whilst flicking through the channels to find a decent one without any static.

"I sure do." Valera laughed back, but then frowned straight after.

Seth turned the volume down. "I've never been to a wedding."

"I've been to one, but I was only a toddler." Valera smiled at him. "I can't remember a single detail."

"I hope there'll be pizza." Seth said plainly, leaning back onto the couch as if he was now dreaming about all kinds of pizza's.