eleven

Sasha🖤

"Girl you finna be late for tryouts

"Girl you finna be late for tryouts." Kayla said on the phone.

"I can't find my shorts. Or my fucking sneakers, ughh." I exclaimed rummaging through my closet.

I thought I had everything packed the night before, come to find out I packed two crop tops instead of the short to match.

"Just hurry up cus them girls is popping up and it seems like black folks made it on time for the first time." Kayla joked.

"Alright alright, ooh I found the shorts. Lemme quickly get dressed and find some other white sneakers." I told before hanging up.

I got dressed and found the sneakers I was looking for luckily. Then I rushed my ass to my car and made it to the field. Just in time.

When I looked at the bleachers, I saw Kayla waving and smiling and I did the same.

Then I looked to my left and Kenan came but lo and behold, Chris was with him.

My smile instantly faded cus why?

He already had me stressing bout this damn decision and now he showing up to my tryouts, for what?

I had mugged the shit outta Kayla before going back to stretch.

As I turned, I bumped into a girl.

"Oh my bad girl." I spoke before realizing it was the shorty that disrespected me the first day.

"No worries." she spoke a lil shy.

"It was my fault." she said lowly.

"I shoulda known you would try out." she smiled a lil.

"Yeah me too." I spoke a lil sideways.

"Look, I just wanna apologize again for how I came at you the first day. It was real fucked up and I know it's not an excuse but I had a real bad day and I guess I just took it out on you. My bad." she said and she sounded real sincere.

"It's alright. Thanks for the apology." I smiled.

"I'm Jania by the way." she smiled.

"Sasha." I spoke.

Then I turned to look at all the girls starting to practice and low key I was kinda intimidated.

The cheerleaders came and they all looked professional as shit.

Walking up in unison, like a damn army or some shit.

But I noticed Amina was front and center and she came up to me and smiled.

"Hey Sash." she said.

"Hey Amina, I didn't know you cheered." I spoke.

Me and her weren't close but I liked the person she was.