twelve

Chris🤎

So many thoughts was running through my head when I was in that locker room

I knew I said Sasha was gon make the team, and I strongly believed she would, but there was the tiniest possibility she wouldn't and that would mean she would maybe not show up at all.

Not saying she would only show up if she made the team but maybe that would just want her to stay away even more.

Fuck, I don't know. I just wanted her to come so I could finally have her and kiss her again.

Unless she came on some friendly shit because she ain't tryna lose the kid. Ugh, I was getting frustrated but I had to focus.

Once I put on the gear they provided us with, I joined the rest of the guys outside.

My son Kenan was trying out for wide receiver and Parker and Logan were trying out for running back and kicker, so I would have all my niggas on one team.

''Aight boys, I'm Coach James and I have coached this team to win 6 State Championships for four seasons straight and I plan on making it many more.'' coach spoke.

I kept looking at the bleachers that was getting more packed with parents and students but no Sasha.

Some of the cheerleaders I saw at her tryouts was there as well, but Amina wasn't though so I thought that was a lil strange.

Maybe she got caught up or sum?

I looked at Kayla who sat and kept glaring at the entrance but she shook her head.

''Did you hear what I just said?'' coach spoke and I looked real confused.

''I'm sorry what?'' I spoke and some of the guys laughed.

''This is a sport that requires focus. If you don't got that, the exit is over there.'' he pointed.

''My bad coach.'' I bowed my head.

''Like I was saying, I trained the best of the best to become elite.'' he spoke.

''Now I want a fresh team full of hungry young men ready to show the world the true meaning of football.'' he added.

''Now the question is: Are y'all that fresh team?'' he asked and everybody stayed silent.

''Yes we are.'' I spoke confident.

''You sound confident.'' he said.

''Always.'' I spoke.

''What's your name son?'' he asked.

I sighed and took a beat. When I stopped playing, it wasn't by choice. I went to jail and news spread.

I just hope he ain't know too much bout it.

''Chris Daniels.'' I revealed and the assistant coach turned his head to the coach and some of the guys looked at me.

''Chris Daniels.'' he repeated.