Part 16 - KEEP FIGHTING

We were hanging around Nick and Coco for time being. Nick was on soon so he had to go do his last preparations soon as well. Coco wasn't on until late so I could still hang out with her for a while. Kimi and Arthur were both down in the player lounge as well, they had their ways of getting in.

The person that was currently playing in the main stadium was Jannik Sinner. He was up against Sebastian Baez, top 30 in the world. Although Sinner should win this. It was helpful that it was broadcasted on the tv in the lounge so I don't have to go and walk to watch.

I'd consider Jannik as a family friend, being Italian and all, my brothers and I used to get to together with him when in Italy but we haven't done that in a while. Also considering all of us live in Monaco I'm not sure why we don't meet up anymore.

-

Jannik had won his match in straight sets, Nick was now the next one on that court. I was now on the move from the player lounge to the center court, to go sit in Nick's player box. He had told Arthur and Kimi that if they wanted to come sit with me than they could. And they are.

As we sat down in the very uncomfortable plastic seats, the players were announced and started to walk on court.

"This is so cool" Arthur said form beside me. I was sat in between the two of them, my parents in front of us and coaches next to them.

This was Nick's 4th round match, if he won this he would be into the quarters. He was playing Daniil Medvedev. It wasn't going to be easy, especially with his knee but of course he wasn't going to give in easy. He never does, It angers him when he can't thats the main reason why he lashes out.

-

As I was just saying, he lashes out because he cant play the way he wanted to that's why he just smashed his racquet. The clay flew up in the air and I wouldn't be surprised if there was a hole in the clay from how hard he smashed it.

Another thing Nick does regularly is talk to the crowd, but this time it was unexpected. He walked up as close as he could to his box, holding a new racquet as well as his smashed one.

He then pointed to me? Maybe the two boy next to me, most likely? He then threw the smashed racquet up to us, me catching it just before it hit my dads head.

"Souvenir for the two boys, fight over it or whatever" He said in an angry tone before walking back up to the baseline.

The two boys next to me were in shock as I moved the racquet side to side trying to see who wanted it.

"Maybe he'll smash another one so you guys get one each" I say as Arthur took it out my hands to look at it.

-

Nick in fact did break another racquet, so now they had one each. He also threw it up to us again, in his words 'broke it just for you' with a smirk on his face. The man was really winning them over at the moment, but I was loving it.

And in a surprising end of events Nick had actually won his match. Beating Medvedev in 5 sets, really pushed himself to the limit in that one. And of course getting a lot of hate for it, for no fucking reason.

i was waiting back at the entrance of the tunnel for Nick to come out, Arthur and Kimi standing a bit behind me.

"Hey! You went crazy out there! Im so proud" I gave him a fist pump before continuing to walk back to the lounge where Nick would place his bags.

"Thanks, was a tough one"

"Well now that you survived, you are now into the quarters!"

"Yeah, here come the Kyrgios siblings"

"Hell yeah"

"We're dominating the world at the moment aren't we ayy. I'll see you guys in the box for J's match" Nick said before leaving to go to the gym.

we lounged around for a bit, waiting for the court to be ready for Jakes match to go out. He was playing Casper Ruud in the forth round. Another tough match for a Kyrgios sibling here at Roland Garros.

-

2 sets all. The sets had gone back and forth, Casper winning the first, J winning the second, Casper won the third and J won the forth. The match was tight, it was going to be anyone's at the moment. Both of them showing strong components in their game at all the right moments.

Nick had joined us around mid third set. I was sat with Nick on my right, Arthur on my left and Kimi next to him. Both of them had given their new souvenirs to Nick for the time being, and were now safe in his tennis bag until later.

-

Jake had just walked off court, the 4 of us waiting for him at the end of the tunnel. Although all I wanted to do was walk away because I know he'd be pissed. He had lost his match 6-7 in the fifth. The tiebreak score being 10-12, He shouldn't be to mad at himself. He had saved multiple match points, sometimes you just cant save them all.

I was still proud of him anyway. The efforts he gives makes me want to be like him.

———————————
Authors note
Hope this chapter was okay
Any errors will tried to be fixed before published if not than let me know so i can fix it

Any criticism on my writing for it to improve, let me know!

Side Note
HOLY FUCK GUYS I WONT LIE I CUT THIS CHAPTER SHORT BC I WANTED TO POST IT AFTER THE AUS OEPN MENS FINAL SO HERE IT IS
JANNIK SINNER WON HIS FIRST GRAND SLAM‼️
IM SO HAPPY HE WAS THE ONE TO WIN THE AUS OPEN
THE SECOND ITALIAN MAN TO WIN A GRAND SLAM
THE FIRST MAN OUTSIDE OF THE BIG 3 TO WIN THE AUS OPEN IN OVER 10 YEARS!
THE YOUNGEST MAN TO WIN AUS OPEN SINCE DJOKOVIC IN 2008
HIS FIRST GRANDSLAM FINAL AND HE WON IT
OMG I HAVE SO MUCH MORE TO SAY AB IT BUT I CANT PUT IT INTO WORDS
HE MADE ITALY SO PROUD TODAY❤️
Im going to make this my personality for the next month, I'll even talk about this day on my birthday
I also find it funny how he's in this chapter. I had written this just before the final started as well.
I also find it funny how i wrote that Nick bet Meddy in 5 sets and Jannik just did that😭
Im also going to name this chapter after the final 'keep fighting' bc thats what Sinner did‼️
I actually might cry wtf😭

1212 words

Buongiorno o buonanotte
-Eva
🤍

HIS SMILE IS SO FUCKING CONTAGIOUSMY AUSSIE OPEN CHAMP🏆I have a lot more photos of him, but this is my fav!!

MY AUSSIE OPEN CHAMP🏆
I have a lot more photos of him, but this is my fav!!