CHAPTER 2 : DURING THE TELEPORTATION TO THE DESSERE EMPIRE

IN THE OBELIA EMPIRE

Athanasia awoke late in the morning, because she barely slept after the day that Claude announced that she was going to be the official heir and her duties would start immediately.

She sighed, hearing a knock on the door,

"Your Highness, may we enter?" The person behind her door asked, she recognized the voice, it was her nanny since childhood, Lillian York.

"Yes," athanasia said, the door opening to reveal her nanny, with five other maids following behind her. Lillian, also known as lily, was a noble before leaving her noble family to take care of Athanasia when she was younger, Lily had been with athanasia since athanasia's birth.

"Princess, we have prepared for your breakfast." Lily said, bowing along with the other maids, as one of the maids were holding a trolly of delicious foods, sweets, desserts, and drinks fit for a royal.

The other four maids went to the bathroom of the bedroom to prepare for the Princess's bath.

"Thank you." Athanasia said, as the maid put the food on the table. Athanasia's room was large, lavish, and expensive looking.

Athanasia sat on the couch in her room, eating the food on the table.

After she finished eating, she went to her bathroom to bathe and prepare for her journey to the Desert Empire today.

Athanasia's maids helped her out of her nightgown, helping her into the massive bathtub, and proceeding to help her bathe, washing her hair, coating her body with soap.

Every servant in the emerald palace was extremely busy to prepare for the Princess's departure to the Desert Empire, they had to make sure Athanasia's beauty most  shine even brighter than ever.

Though they didn't need to do much, just apply a bit of makeup, wear a beautiful dress, and of course, wear the obelian's empire most prized jewels.

TWO HOURS LATER...

Athanasia was finally prepared, her dress colored with Obelia's color, her hair wavy yet straight and perfect. Athanasia wore beautiful accessories that matched her dress, with her too wearing obelia's most prized jewelry.

Athanasia's maids all marveled at her beauty, all feeling proud of their princess, some even crying.

Athanasia was walked to her carriage, her father not there to see her off at all.

'He must be busy..' athanasia thought to herself, as she entered the carriage holding the symbol of Obelia. The carriage was large, luxurious, and beautiful.

Athanasia's knights, maids, and other servants entered into different carriages that were to follow her.

The Desert Empire was far, so it would take ten days to arrive there. But luckily, the Obelian Empire's magic was the most advanced so they could summon a large portal to the desert empire.

Twenty magicians stood to the sidelines, forming a massive portal to the Desert Empire. Soon, the carriage began to move, followed by the carriages behind them with the knights on horses following beside the Princess's carriage.

Athanasia wondered how her time in the Dessere Empire would go. Since the Dessere Empire was known for the fact that they were in the mainline of the Demon Realm, and that that they just won their war of eight years.

MEANWHILE IN THE DESSERE EMPIRE...

Deon had been called to the palace the day after he had arrived back from the Demon Realm. Deon arrived to the palace, his frown still on as he glared at any passersby by accident.

He walked the halls of the palace, the nobles all whispering about him as he walked. The guards announced his arrival to the throne room, where the emperor, princess and crown prince of the dessere empire was.

"Your majesty," Deon said, not bothering to greet the three royals Infront of him, he was tired.

"Deon Hart," The emperor, Eduardo, said. Eduardo's voice was laced with pride, as his neice and nephew were just standing behind him.

"What business do you have for me to even ask me here a day after I arrived." Deon asked, his crimson red eyes seemingly glaring at the dessere emperor.

"As you know my day of birth is coming up soon," Eduardo said. it was normal for Deon to glare at him, so he got use to it.

"I see, then congratulations on another year, your majesty." Deon frowned, his tone was of sarcasm.

"Haha," the emperor laughed, "thank you, Deon. But that is not what I want from you," the emperor stated.

"Hm? Then what exactly." Deon asked, he wanted to go back and rest. Deon was so fucking tired.

"Do you know about the Obelian Empire?" The emperor asked, his smirk unwavering.

"The one on the other side of the continent?" Deon said, nodding. He had zero interest in the Obelian Empire and just wanted this conversation to get over with already.

"Yes. I sent an invitation to the Obelian Empire, and they sent a letter back to say that they were going to attend." Eduardo said, suprising Deon, aswell as Eduardo's niece and nephew.

"What? But that empire has always ignored every letter sent to them!" Princess Allethea said in surprise, while she was shushed by her brother, elpidius.

The obelian empire was known for their advance magic, well, the obelian empire was the only place where magic was accepted and taught in the human realm.

"Well, what exactly do you want me to do with that information?" Deon asked the emperor, he was wondering why the emperor told him that the obelia empire was attending when it had nothing to do with him.

"The letter stated that the princess Athanasia De Alger Obelia was their representative, so I want you and elpidius to be her escort." Eduardo explained, Deon was going to be escorting obelia's princess with crown prince elpidius.

"I see," Deon sighed, he really wasn't going to get a single minute to rest even after he returned from the demon realm.

"You may go now," the emperor said, dismissing Deon.

Deon walked out of the throne room, while he was followed by the crown prince.

"Honorary Count Hart," Crown Prince Elpidius called for him, as he halted in his steps.

"your highness." Deon said, looking at elpidius with a frown.

"C'mon, we're friends. No need for the titles," elpidius said, to which deon didn't agree with.

Deon never wanted to be friendly with the royals, especially with everything that happened during his childhood.

"what exactly do you want?" Deon asked, walking through the halls towards the exit as elpidius followed behind him.

"Since we're going to be escorting princess athanasia, I thought we could hang out to get use to it during her arrival?" Elpidius said, seemingly unsure of what he was saying. The two young men weren't sure how friends would interact.

"I Apologize, your highness, but I will have to head back to the Hart County." Deon said, walking out of the palace, leaving behind the crown prince with nobles whispering behind him.

"Hah.." Elpidius frowned, watching deon disappear from his sights. The nobles were all gossiping about what was happening right now, humiliating..

'Deon Hart is the type of man who is simply misunderstood by everyone.' elpidius said to himself, a smirk on his face. Elpidius knew that Deon was simply a misunderstood individual, or was he really misunderstood?