CHAPTER 5 : A MISUNDERSTANDING BETWEEN THE TWO

It has been three days before the celebration banquet would officially start, all the representatives had already arrived.

Athanasia was alone in her room, reading a book while being sat in her couch.

She couldn't do anything but stay and rest in the palace, all because the dessere royals had stated that none of the representatives attending should leave the palace, for safety..

Though, Athanasia could care less about safety. She could defend herself.

Could she?

Athanasia sipped her tea, placing it back, while her mood was still as bored as ever.

She placed the book on the table, sighing to herself,

Then, a knock on the door was heard,

"Your highness?" a voice coming from behind the door spoke, referring to her. The voice sounded manly and polite.

Wondering on who it was, she personally opened the door since there were no maids to open it for her.

She glanced up and down to whoever it was, seeing that it was the crown prince.

"Your highness," athanasia opened the door a bit more, greeting him with a plastered smile.

"what business do you have with me to knock on my door?" Athanasia asked, her tone sweet and polite, hiding her bored tone.

After athanasia finished speaking, a minute of silence enveloped their conversation

"I was wondering if you have fully explored the palace?" elpidius asked, his smile unwavering though he stammered his wording a bit.

"I haven't," athanasia honestly answered, she already knew what he was going to say next.

"Then would you like for me to tour you around? Just so you don't get lost.." elpidius said, his voice sounded unsure yet confident at the same time.

"Are you sure? I don't want to be a burden to you.." athanasia spoke, acting all respectful.

"It's not a burden at all, and I wish for us to get to know each other better." Elpidius smiled, while athanasia finally agreed.

The two were now walking through the palace's hallway, elpidius leading her and talking while athanasia followed beside him.

After two hours of touring her around, the two had arrived to the throne room doors, they stood Infront of the two large doors.

"And this is the throne room, we can't enter it though." Elpidius said, "Uncle only allows people he grants an audience with to enter," elpidius explained when athanasia nodded.

The large doors suddenly opened, a figure with white hair exiting the now closed doors.

Athanasia's eyes widened she she saw the man she had met yesterday, the same man who was exactly her type.

The man immediately took steps away from them, not giving them a glance to avoid conversing.

"Count Hart!" Elpidius happily said, the man sighed and looked back once his name was called.

"Greetings your highness." The man greeted Elpidius, a frown appearent on his handsome face.

"No need to call me that, just call me elpidius already." Elpidius said, whining at the formality his 'friend' was giving him.

The man nodded, his eyes now drifting back to the blonde girl.

"I completely forgot to introduce you two." Elpidius smiled.