CHAPTER 11

「 ✦ I DON'T SWING THAT WAY ✦ 」

    AT THREE O'CLOCK, Evie and Chad had meet up under the bleachers, walking hand-in-hand

AT THREE O'CLOCK, Evie and Chad had meet up under the bleachers, walking hand-in-hand. Evie was so entranced by the fact that they were together that she didn't even notice how Chad was looking around, making sure no one else saw them together. Especially Audrey or Bella. When the coast was clear, he turned around and began his move. Charming the naive VK.

"Is everybody at home as pretty as you?" Chad casually said with a little flirt in his tone.

"I like to think I'm the fairest of them all," she said, laughing, but on the other side of the school, a certain princess already knows that Evie is the fairest of them all.

"How many rooms are in your castle?" Evie asked, curious about the castle.

When she was young, her mother had installed in her mind that, other than beauty, nothing else matters more than marrying a prince with a big castle.

"Oh, too many to count," Chad bragged. "You really nailed that chemistry problem today. You're going to have all the nerds in love with you," he said.

"I'm not that smart," Evie humbly said, when in fact she is.

"Oh, come on." Chad disagreed.

"No, really, I'm not." She begged to differ. "But I'm... I'm really good at sewing, cooking, and cleaning. You know, like your mother, Cinderella, without the ratty dress," Evie said, pulling out her mirror from her bag and revealing it to Chad. "See this? If I ask it where something is, it tells me."

"Are you kidding me?" Chad asked in disbelief.

"No." was all she could say.

Chad rudely took it from Evie's hand to try it out. "Where's my cell phone?" He asked the mirror and put it close to his ear to hear it clearly but nothing happen.

"It won't work for you, silly." Evie laughed at Chad's attempt as she takes back the mirror.

"No biggie. My dad will just get me a new one." Chad bragged again, clearly having no care for his belongings.

"Prince charming," Evie said dreamingly.

"Yeah," Chad said, smiling as his charms were now in full effect.

"And Cinderella," Evie continued, now holding Chad's hands.

"Yeah." Both are so close as they gaze into each other's eyes longingly.

"Fairy godmother," Evie said, smiling as widely as ever. "Hey, I heard her wand is in some boring museum. Do they always leave it there?" Chad didn't reply as he leaned closer to a kiss before swerving his head.

"I'd really like to talk, but..." He let go of Evie's hand. Dramatically, he threw his hands up in dismay. "I'm just swamped," he said, holding on to the bars of the bleachers for effect. "Unless..." his tone of voice changed as if he had figured out a solution.