Chapter 10 (Edited)

A couple of years passed ever since the incident with Suguru and a lot of things happened, like me getting promoted to grade 1 after I graduated and to special grade shortly after the higher ups saw how destructive my technique is. Even though now I'm a special grade, they still have no idea about me being a vessel. Which was a bit weird, but hey I'm not complaining.

Satoru became a teacher at Jujutsu High, which still surprises me like when he told me about it after we graduated back then. He told me about this "dream" of his to change the world of jujutsu not by destroying the hierarchy or killing the higher ups. No, instead he wanted to become a teacher.

"Yo Kei! Guess what?"

"What? You did something stupid again?"

"What?! No! Why did you assume I always did something stupid?"

"Because you are an idiot, Satoru. Anyways, if it's not something stupid then what?"

"I told you about my dream to change the jujutsu world right?"

I nodded my head while throwing my drink to the trash can.

"Well I found a way to make that possible!"

"And how are you gonna do that?"

"I'm gonna be the best teacher in the world!"

I look at him surprised before laughing my ass off hearing his declaration.

That pretty much summed up how he became a teacher. I sigh and shake my head as I kill the last grade 1 curse for my mission. While Satoru became a teacher, I still continue to do missions. Though the missions had been getting easier and easier, guess I just became stronger from experience and time. I wiped my hands and face with a handkerchief and started making my home. Home, huh? Still pretty weird saying that after all these years, considering I never had an actual "home" to speak of in the past. It's either grandma's home or the dorm back in Jujutsu High.

I jumped to a nearby building and before I could jump onto another rooftop, my phone rang. Sighing in annoyance, I reluctantly pull my phone out and see that Satoru is calling.

"What idiot? It's late and I wanna go home, but nooo. You just have to call. So what is it?"

"Don't be so grumpy Kei! You'll get old faster you know!" I grumbled in annoyance as I jumped from building to building. "Anyway! I want you to come to Jujutsu High, there's someone with, how should I say this, a special case! Yeah, a special case and I think you can help him. Considering he's in a 'I have a spirit haunting me.' situation."

I stopped jumping after hearing the situation. "'A spirit is haunting me.'? Are you calling me because I'm a vessel for Tama-chan?" He just keep quiet, but I swear I can hear him holding his laughter.

"Alright, I'll bite. Where are you?"

"At the place where they kept problematic people. You know the one." He ends the call as I sigh and start making my way to Jujutsu High. "He's annoying even after all these years."

'Aww~ cheer up darling! You have your amazing and powerful wife to accompany you! So you don't have to be alone in all this. Plus, there's a possibility we can meet up with Shoko afterwards!' Well, she's excited. Moreso to meet Shoko than this "someone".

"She must be already asleep at this time. But, you're really fond of her huh, Tama-chan? Are there any reasons? You've been like this since the first time we met Shoko."

'Remember the friend I told you about back then?' I nodded my head. 'Well Shoko reminded me of her. A bit different here and there, but Shoko's aloof and laid back personality just really reminded me of my friend.'

"Ah, so that's why you always gushed over her ever since." I landed in front of Jujutsu High and started making my way to the place Satoru said. I walked into the darker part of the school and went down a flight of stairs that led me to a dark hallway lit by candles. As I pick up Satoru's curse energy, I also sense another. A darker curse energy and almost the same amount as Satoru and I's. I picked up the pace of my walking and arrived at a door. I slowly opened the door and found Satoru standing across from a kid who's sitting on a chair while holding his knees together with his arms.

"What's going on Satoru? And who's the kid?" I walked up to him while looking at the kid and sensed that the massive amount of curse energy was coming from him. "This is Okkotsu Yuta-kun!" The said kid slowly looked up and his tired eyes met mine. "And he's here because his 'friend' killed a couple of students in his school."

I look at him with curious eyes before looking back to Satoru. "'Friend'? Is this friend the curse you talked about?" He nodded his head and pulled out a broken and twisted knife from his pocket before showing it to Yuta. "Yuta-kun. Do you know what happened to this knife?"

The kid looked at the knife before burying his head into his arms. "I-I tried to kill myself. But, Rika-chan got in the way." Rika-chan? So that's the name of this spirit huh. Interesting. Satoru then dropped the knife and put his hands into his pockets. "You're pretty depressing huh? Aren't you starting at a new school tomorrow?" The kid shook his head and raised his head a bit. "I'm not going. I don't want to hurt anyone ever again. So, I'm done going outside."

Damn, whatever this spirit did must've taken a real toll on him if he acts like this from them. I decided to walk towards him and crouch in front of him. "But, won't it get lonely all by yourself Yuta-kun? The curse that afflicted you can be used to save a lot of people if you learn how to control it, you know? If you give up now, you're just throwing it away and that curse will continue to act on its own and hurt more people." Yuta looked at me with a small glimmer of hope in his eyes. "A-Are you sure?" I smile and nod my head. "Mhm, I'm sure of it. Because I'm the same as you. Well, not the same but we're pretty similar in a way."

Hearing that seemed to lift his spirit a bit. "So, it's not too late to change that Yuta-kun." As I stand up I feel Satoru leaping at me as I dodge him. "And what the hell are you doing Satoru?"

"Damn it, you stole my thunder Kei! I was supposed to be the cool teacher here! And you just stole my moment! You're not even a teacher!" He pouted like a kid while looking away from me. I sigh and rub my face seeing how childish Satoru is. "Heh, maybe you just sucked at being a teacher, Satoru." I just laughed when he pouted more while letting out a loud "Hmph!" at me. "I'll treat you to some kikufuku mochi. How's that sound?" Hearing my offer, Satoru faced me with a bright smile as he jumped and started hugging me.

"You're the best Kei! This is why you're my best friend! Thank you!" I struggled a bit because of his weight on me and I pushed him off before fixing my clothes. "Alright alright, I'll see you later then." I started making my way to the door when Satoru called me again. "Kei, how about you come to the school again tomorrow when I have my class? I'm sure Yuta-kun here would love it." I look at Yuta who's back to burying his head into his arms. I'm sure it's just Satoru that really wanted me to show up, so that he can show off the way he teaches to me. But, he does have a point. I'm sure Yuta is feeling super stressed right now and seeing how he is, I'm sure tomorrow he'll be extra anxious. So I nodded my head to Satoru

"If I'm not busy then sure, I'll swing by." I waved them off and started making my way home.