Chapter 16

"Oh! Congrats for finally freeing Rika!" Satoru clapped his hands as he walked ahead to his students, who are standing in front of a little girl. "Who?" The students asked while looking at Satoru, who's not wearing his bandages. 

"It's the good-looking guy, Gojo Satoru-sensei!" He said flatly, disappointment clear on his face. "Heh, how does it feel not getting recognized by your students idiot?" I said while smirking as I walked up to the group. "Kitsuroku-san!" Yuta exclaimed as he came up to me. "Hey kiddo, looks like you did it huh? Good job!" I pat his head and I can feel the angry gaze of Satoru. "Yeah! But, I wouldn't have done it without your help fighting Geto earlier! So, thank you!" He bows his head. "That fight was mostly you, Yuta-kun. I just followed and matched your movements."

"Oi Kei you're stealing my thunder again you asshat!" Satoru yelled while pointing at me. I just stick my tongue out at him and flip him off. He just sighs in annoyance before looking at the little girl. "Anyways. That theory you had, Yuta. I thought it was interesting, so I ordered an investigation of your ancestries. We had finished with Rika a long time ago. But there was merit looking into Yuta as well. And lo and behold you were a descendant of Sugawara no Michizane! Which means you're a super distant relative of mine!" Satoru finished his explanation while grinning and doing peace signs. "Don't be like him when you're all grown up, okay kiddo?" I loudly whisper to him on purpose to pissed Satoru off more, he slowly nodded but it's still clear that he's confused. "But who's that?"

"He was a super big shot sorcerer back then and one of the three greatest vengeful spirits in Japan." I answer him before I walk to the rest of the group. "And you were right, Yuta. Rika didn't curse you. You were the one who cursed her." Satoru said while looking at Yuta. Tears then slowly form on Yuta's eyes as he realizes everything. "T-That's right. Back then I was rejecting Rika-chan's death."

"The one who established the curse just revoked the master and servant status. If the cursed side doesn't desire to lay any punishment, then the dispel is complete. And you can tell just by looking at her." Satoru explained as he looked at the young girl again. Tears start flowing out of Yuta's eyes as he hold his head in shame and anger. "So it was all my fault. Making rika-chan take that form. Hurting a lot of people. And because Geto aimed for me, a lot of people almost died. It's all... All my fault!" He started crying and crouched down to the ground and kept saying"it's all my fault," over and over.

Rika then walks over to him and gently hugs him. "Thank you, Yuta. For giving me time, for letting me stay by your side. During these six years I've been happier than when I was alive." She stopped hugging him and placed a hand on his cheek. "Bye bye, be well and don't come over here too fast okay?" Rika then starts glowing, as she slowly dissipates into golden particles. "...Okay." Yuta nods his head which makes Rika smile. "See you." With her last words said, she disappears into golden particles and flies into the sky.

"Wow, that was..." Panda says quietly as the particles slowly get swept away by the wind. "Beautiful huh? I can't imagine being in Yuta's place to be honest." I look towards the boy as he slowly gets up and walks to us. "Why do you say that, Kitsuroku-san?" Panda tilts his head to the side, by now everyone has their attention on me. Including Satoru, who has a stupid grin on his face. I sigh and start thinking over if I should tell these kids or not. 'Should I tell them Tama-chan?'

'It's up to you darling, if you trust these kids so much then I say go ahead and tell them.' I sigh and realize that I've been spacing out. "Ah sorry for spacing out. As I was saying earlier, I couldn't imagine being in the same place as Yuta-kun and that is because I'm kind of the same as him." The students tilt their heads to the side in confusion. "Wait, does that mean you cursed someone so that you can have a powerful curse walking around with you?" Maki asked while pointing at me, I shook my head hearing her ridiculous claim. "Nope! While Yuta accidentally cursed Rika. I, on the other hand, am a vessel. But, we're the same in terms of having a very protective female spirits haha."