𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊

hellooo, i forgot this book existed and i updated on here, anyways here's chapter 12, enjoy, vote and comment!

***

There was a theme occurring, I noticed. Whenever I was having a terrible day, it was always raining, it was always a thunderstorm.

Even better, my legs were still weak after those 50 laps from gym. I knew no one was going to pick me up today.

So I drew in a shaky breath, praying even though I knew it was useless by now, and forced myself to run.

About twenty minutes in, did my legs give up, making me collapse, injuring myself from a large rock in the way. My hands were littered with small cuts, blood pooling, staining the sidewalk.

I stood up to have my legs shake, falling once again. If I didn't run, I wouldn't be able to go home. I would be late.

But I knew I couldn't run anymore. My legs would be damaged beyond repair. I tightened my hoodie, though it didn't stop the rain from hitting my face.

I resorted to walking the five miles home, aware of the falling temperatures, the harsh wind that blew against my face, making my teeth chatter, raindrops falling on my face.

The rain seemed to aim at me, I was their target judging by the harsh hits on me. My hoodie dampened further and further, until I was soaking wet. My clothes became heavier, my backpack became heavier, and I was sure my papers were soggy. I could feel the water seep into my shoes, into my socks, making a squelching sound as I walked.

Thunder would often sound, but it wasn't really scary to me. Being electrocuted doesn't scare me. After being electrocuted - on a low dosage, my mother needed me alive - so many times, I didn't care what happened to me.

I eventually reached home in two hours. But when I reached for the door, it was locked. There were no lights on inside. I looked to see all the windows were locked.

I looked up to see the darkness settling at the night sky, and today the moon wasn't out.

My heart was squeaking in fear, shaking, while my demons came out. It seemed like my shadow was alive too, wanting to permanently attach to me, to get to me, to drive me insane.

I quickly took my phone out, hands shaking, and called Wilson. He didn't answer. Heart beating faster, I called Kieran. He didn't answer. I didn't want to call the terror two, but I had to. I had to. They didn't answer either. I messaged all of them. No one answered.

I didn't know what to do. I slumped against the door, aware of my pulse increasing by the second, breathing rapidly, afraid, not wanting to get attacked, not wanting to give in. But there was no light, there was no light to repel it away.

I tried my phone light, but it was so dim. It didn't stop the demons, the shades, the darkness, the monsters inside.

They were pulling up memories, they were trying to make me live through it again. They scratched their nails on my skin, opening wounds, maniacal grins from the sight of blood.

They got closer and closer, pulling more scenes, flashing by so rapidly. I closed my eyes, not wanting to look, not wanting to see, begging myself to not do it, to stay strong, to stay strong.

Don't look, don't look, don't look.

Don't feel, don't do anything. Just don't.

I shuddered against the cold, it seemed like it was absolute zero by the way I was shivering. It was like it was reaching absolute zero.