#13

"How he'd look me dead in
the eye and stay unaware"

CHARLES LECLERC POV

When i finished getting ready, i tried to text Avery but she didn't respond so i asked Oscar who i saw on the way.

"Oscar, do you know where Avery is?" I stopped then ask him.

"I think i saw her and Lando talking in the parking lot, i think she was waiting for you" He responded.

"She is, thanks" I left.

When i arrived i saw a girl talking to a guy. Wasn't sure if that was Avery and Lando or not. Because the guy's hair is different. I walked closer and seeing Avery's hair confirmed my thought. It was her, with a guy, not Lando.

"Ve?" I whispered but loud enough for them to hear.

When they froze i realized it was really her and they were holding hands. Avery still facing the guy.

I saw her whispering something to the guy and i saw them letting go of each other.

"Hey Charles, should we go?" She asked me.

"Well goodbye then babe" The boy said to Avery while smirking. Babe? What are they to each other?

"Bye Isaac" She said. So Isaac is the name of the guy. I was puzzled.

"Let's go Charles" She said and we walked quietly.

When we arrived to my car we just sat quietly. When i started the car, then i asked her a question.

"Who was that?"

"Oh that restaurant looks good, it's too crowded there" She said obviously trying to ignore my question.

"Ve? Don't try to ignore me" I said.

"Uh you said something?" She said obviously lying.

"Who was that? The guy at the parking lot" I asked again.

"No one" She said then i saw her regretting that choice of word.

"Really? No one?" I said getting a little impatient.

"That.." She said then she stopped to think. I waited for her.

"That was Isaac, he's.. someone. You don't have to worry about him" She explained.

"Someone huh" I scoffed. I don't know what the hell is happening.

We decided to not go to a restaurant. We went to a beach with lots of food choices and hang there. It was still an awkward situation so we didn't talk much.

"How was today's race?" She asked in the quietness.

"Good, i won" I said.

"Look, are you mad? You don't seem very keen to be here. Should i go?" She asked. Obviously it was because she didn't tell me about this Isaac guy. We went out and right before we go i see her with this random guy? What does she think i would feel.