#14

"Lie to me all you please
I can see right through
See right through"

2 MONTHS LATER at the MONACO GRAND PRIX

I woke up to get ready. I didn't have the motivation to go to today's grand prix. Well it is Charles home race and i definitely should go. But after that whole Isaac thing, i don't know. So glad i didn't have any concert in the middle of all that. I will have one in a month. Before that, i really need to get ahold of myself. I was so depressed and scared, mom and dad was worried but i didn't have the gut to say anything to anyone. How is someone so cruel?

I didn't talk to Charles for a while now. He texted me a lot and i responded short. I really do care but i replied short for everyone's text. Those death threats, i can't risk it. Isaac's dangerous.

~

Becca

You're coming today right?

Why won't you tell me what's wrong?

I will come, i'm okay

Meet me in 15 mins?

Okay A, see you! 🤍

~

I met up with Becca and she asked me a lot of stuffs and i just replied as if everything's fine. Just needed some time alone. Tired. Very tired.

"Aren't you gonna meet up with Charles? He got pole" Becca asked.

"He did? Shit i didn't watch the qualifying" I replied. I immediately texted him. Looking at the name i'd changed last month because of Isaac, which used to be Mr dreamy.

~

Charles

Congratulations for pole, sorry i
didn't watch yesterday's quali

Thank you, you'll be here right?

I'm here already

~

"Hey" I heard his voice after i put my phone down.

"Oh hey, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"I'll leave you both alone, i'll find some food around" Becca said smiling and then she went away.

"I'm here because this is my home race?" He responded.

"I mean obviously, but what are you doing here"

"I was trying to find you but since i thought you will take a very long time to answer i might as well walk around the paddock to find you" He said.

"I'm sorry about that" I said looking down. He tilted my head up and he looked at my eyes while his hand is still in my cheeks.

"If you need anything, to talk or to hangout with. Come to me, i'm open" He said gently.

"I'm okay Charles, you should go now. I'll go find Bec" I removed his hands from my cheeks and walked away.

In these 2 months, i've been forced to post stuffs with Isaac. Stories of our backs together with a heart. I'm tired of this forced life that is completely false.

CHARLES LECLERC POV

"Ash, is your sister okay? I'm worried, she doesn't seem fine"

"She does seem a bit distant, why?" Asher asked back.

"She looks sadder than her usual self, way more quiet, and she looks so tired" I explained.

"Well you're paying attention huh?"

"Yes i am, so what?"

"Do you like her?" He asked me. "I see the tension between you two whenever you guys are together"

"Uhh no?" I said. Do i? I always care about her. I want to spend time with her all the time. I wanna see her. Isn't that what a big brother is like though. I'm literally 10 years older than her. She wouldn't like me anyways.

"You've been thinking for a while now. You do like her don't you? I'm fine with that, you don't need to worry about my opinion, it's your feelings anyways" Asher explained.

"Maybe i do, maybe i don't. I don't know mate, i'm still confused by my own feelings" I explained to Asher.

"It's fine, but now you need to focus on your race first. Think about that later. Go and meet her after your race" Asher said. I only nodded and we both separate ways.

I need to focus on my race first. I have to finally win here in Monaco. This race is really important for me. I was walking in the paddock when i saw Avery. She was talking to someone but i didn't know who. I was about to approach her but then i saw the person she was talking with. Isaac was it? The guy from a few month ago.

"Please Isaac, leave me alone. I beg you, what else do you want me to do" I heard Avery talked
while sobbing? What happened.

"I have a knife with me everywhere i go, dare to break up with me one more time. You're gone" The guy said.

He's dead. Whatever he did to Avery, he's gonna pay for that. I was about to approach them but then Isaac left. Avery broke down crying and i approached her.

"Ve? I'm here" I hugged her and she hugged me back. After some time she stopped crying.

"Do you want to tell me what's going on?" I asked her.

"I can't, i'm sorry Charles"

"Avery, he's blackmailing you right? Please tell me, i will help you to report him and let's finish this suffering of yours. These past few months, you've been very distant. It's because of him right?" I asked. She only looked at me and more tears shed. She just nodded at me.

"The threats, all the things Isaac said about you, i'm tired of it. I'm sorry, i'm scared that he would do something bad to the people i love and i can't stand that" She explained. I hugged her again.

"Charles, i'm sorry. I'm sorry about everything. I'm sorry that i left you a few years ago with no explanation. I was being super childish, i don't know how you handle my own feelings. Because.. because i liked a man 10 years older than me and i know we are never going to be a thing. So i ran away from this stupid thing. I made so many songs about you. Everything i should've said last time. I'm sorry that i didn't tell you about this even though you're basically involved in this problem. You were the person me and Lando were talking about at the parking lot. My feelings. Isaac recorded us and threatened me to date him and he threatened to kill me. He was my ex Charles, but i broke up with him because he was too protective. He threatened to kill you too. I don't know why i believed his words. I shouldn't have. But the thought of you getting hurt just scared me. I'm being way too childish i'm so sorry."

Avery gave me a long speech. I was so shocked. Too shocked. I froze in place. I don't know where to start.

"It's okay Charles, sorry i have to say this to you at this time" She immediately ran from our spot.

I didn't get to say anything to her. That i also do. Like her back.

~

Hi everyone. Sorry for the extremely late posts. This will end soon so enjoy these last chapters. Thank you so much for reading. I will appreciate it if y'all can follow my tiktok @f1cosse :) After finishing this story i will be active there. Love yall 🤍