Those Who Can See Them

Ayanokouji's POV

"That would be all for today's class, See you tomorrow, and be careful on your way home!"

The teacher announced as the school bell rang throughout the school, another boring day.

I proceeded to pack my stuff up as I readied to leave. The classes here were fairly tedious for me as I'd already learned about them before, there was almost nothing for me to learn here, it was a simple and normal high school where I could be free from that place.

It was what I'd longed for, and now that I've got it, it simply held little appeal, the only thing that entertains me is how the other students interact with each other.

Sighing, I stood up and headed for the door, not a single soul glanced my way as I didn't bother to interact with any of them outside of schoolwork, I was simply a spectator, nothing more.

It has been a few months since I started my first year, and it's already been quite a while since I've heard from Matsuo, ever since we acted as if I was to leave for some prestigious school while in reality I enrolled at a normal school, it was a simple diversion, leading them into a wild goose chase as I enjoyed my life as a normal student.

I was given a huge sum by Matsuo before we parted, everything was in cash to reduce any chances of me being tracked down, though I doubt that it would last for 3 years, perhaps I should get a part-time job to help with my finances? or should I invest in stocks? maybe not, considering that it's for long-term investments...

A strange sound entered my ears as I was snapped back to reality, I realized that I was already outside the school perimeter, looking for the origin of the noise, I found myself staring at flashing lights, numerous blinking screens were on display, laughter could be faintly heard from students within the building, they wore different types of uniforms hinting at their school affiliations. It seems like they headed here as soon as school ended.
'...An arcade huh?..'

With nothing else to do back at my apartment, I decided to walk towards the sliding doors.

The cold air barraging me as soon as I stepped inside, and the noise that snapped me out of my stupor flooded my ears, the chaotic sounds of the arcade machines resounded everywhere.

Deciding that playing a couple of games wouldn't hurt, I opted to exchange some cash for a stack of coins. Seems like a single coin was roughly equivalent to a hundred yen here, I assume that it's the average rate.

Holding them within my palm, I continued to walk through the varying arcade machines, the inside presented a larger quantity than what could be seen outside.

A few of the games ignored the usage of skills, mainly operating on luck, thinking that it was a waste of my coins, I disregarded their presence for now.

"Why won't it grab it?!"

A frustrated shout came from my left side, looking over, I saw a small petite girl with her eyebrows furrowed, lips frowning, and face practically glued to the glass. Her golden-blonde hair were styled into pigtails using a pair of black and red mushroom-themed hair tie, a pink highlight found at the end on her hair.

She donned a black vest over her white blouse, and a familiar dark-blue tie hung on her neck, with white horizontal lines decorating it. She wore a bluish short skirt, and her thighs wrapped in black leggings.

She was a student from my school, the neighboring class to be exact.

Directing my gaze toward the cause of her annoyance, I found a machine that displayed plushies and a crane arm retracting upwards, moving away from a mushroom-like plush.