Brock Purdy

When it Rain it Pours

Brock's POV

I was doing everything in my power to make tonight the most special night of Y/N's life. I had picked out the perfect ring, made the perfect itinerary, and of course I had the perfect girl. Tonight was almost guaranteed for everything to go according to plan. Y/N was upstairs getting herself all dressed up since I told her we were going out to a special restaurant to celebrate the post season. I currently sat in our living room waiting for her to finish up, staring at the ring I chose. Feeling completely sure of my decision, I close the ring box and quickly put it in my jacket pocket before Y/N can see it.

"Are you almost ready baby?" I call up the stairs.

"Yeah I'll be right down!" She yells back. When she finally starts descending the stairs, I felt like I had the wind knocked out me. Every time I see her she looks more and more beautiful.

"Maybe I should go change" I say twirling her around under my arm. "I'm feeling like the ugly stepsister right now Y/N." I tell her in a joking tone as she finally comes to a stop in front of me.

Y/N blushes slightly upon hearing the compliment. I will never get tired of making her do that. "Thank you babe," she says giving me a quick peck on the lips. "But I'm afraid you also look too good to change." Y/N teases back leaning into give me another kiss. I only let her kiss me for a few seconds before I pull away. She pouts a bit, but I know if I let her have her way I won't be able to leave the house on time.

"I think we should get moving. Our dinner reservation is in a half hour and I don't want us to be late." I say as I grab her hand to lead her out the door.

Y/N's POV

I'm not quite sure what has gotten into Brock tonight. Normally he wouldn't have given a second thought to being late for a reservation if it meant getting to fool around. However, I don't comment on his odd behavior. I really think the pressure of the looming Super Bowl is freaking him out a bit.

Brock leads me to the door and out to his car. The ride is filled with a comfortable silence as I hold is right hand while he drives. It doesn't take long to reach the restaurant Brock has picked out for us but I still gasp seeing where we were.

"Acquerello? You really must really be feeling lucky tonight Mr. Purdy." I tease him while tracing over the back of his hand I'm still holding, traveling up his arm a bit. Brock usually only goes for something like this on special occasions like our anniversary or Valentine's Day, but who am I to question being spoiled?

Brock shivers a bit at the contact before letting go of my hand to come help me out of his car. "Anything for my lady." He says as brings my knuckles up to his lips. I giggle at his unserious nature, one of the things I love most about him.

We walk hand in hand into the restaurant and up to the hostess stand where Brock separates from me to check us in. A few minutes pass as Brock is having an intense conversation with the hostess that I can't quite hear. Eventually, he turns back around looking quite embarrassed.

"What's the matter baby?" I ask gently.

"The reservation date got messed up. Apparently they had us down for March 1st, not February 1st." He says hanging his head low.

"It's okay Brock," I say trying to lighten the mood as we are walking back out the door. "I am actually kinda in the mood for tacos anyway."