Ja'Marr Chase

Just Friends?

Y/N's POV

I should've realized my first mistake was drinking with Ja'Marr. The tension had been palpable over the last few months, but I stupidly believed I could handle drinking alone with him.

That first morning after still sticks out in my mind. I remember waking up sore but satisfied in the best way. I didn't even really care how I ended up that way, until I turned over and saw a shirtless Ja'Marr in my bed. He was still sound asleep so I briefly considered getting up and acting like it never happened. That was until a tattooed arm slung its self over me and dragged me closer to its owner.

"Don't panic Y/N/N" Ja'Marr's voice was still coated in sleep and sounded hot as hell.

"What do you mean don't panic Chase?! This shouldn't have happened!" I yelled as I shot out of bed in search of my clothes.

"There's nothing we can do about now, it's done," Ja'Marr sighs. "Besides it was good sex, it's not like we embarrassed ourselves."

I rolled my eyes "Because that makes me feel so much better."

"So you don't deny the sex was good?" He asked while giving me that smirk I loved so much.

"No Marr, but this isn't not what friendship is supposed to be. It's going to be so messy now." I said as I pulled my bra and underwear on.

"It doesn't have to be that way," he paused. "We could make this work you know. Meeting up with no strings attached, then going on as normal. We get along well enough to make it work."

"Why would you even want that Ja'Marr?" I ask looking down at my hands. " A NFL star like you could get anyone you wanted to sleep with. You don't need me" he scoffed at my response.

"Whatever self doubt you're having needs to stop. Of course I need you, you're one of my best friends. And even you can't deny how good last night was, I'm not going to get that from some random chick that is only chasing my money." He reasoned.

I sighed thinking about the points he just made. He's right about how good last night felt, it was the best I had ever had. We always had chemistry between us that went unexplored, maybe he was right.

"Ok Marr we can try it. I do have some rules though."

He smiles brightly at getting his way. "Hit me."

"Rule number one: we are allowed to see other people since we aren't really together. But we have to check in if we're sleeping with someone else for safety reasons," I said as I sat down on the bed across from Ja'Marr. "And if seeing someone turns more serious this agreement stops completely, cheating is a no".

Ja'Marr nodded his head in agreement. "Sounds good to me."

"Rule number two: we tell no one about this. To the rest of the world we really are just friends". Ja'Marr also agreed to this with no qualms.

"And last, we are friends first. There won't be any romantic stuff outside the bedroom but we will still support each other how we always have. And there will be no pressure. If one of us wants to end it, we can with no questions asked." I said this one with authority, not wanting it to be challenged.