Nick Bosa

Fighting is Flirting

I sighed as I entered my office for the first time this morning. I was 10 minutes late and I hadn't had any coffee yet, so I was feeling like a summer daisy at eight in the morning. I dropped my work bag down on my chair and was turning around to hang up my jacket when my favorite 49ers player waltzes in the door.

"It must be nice to just show up whenever you want." Nick gives me a sarcastic smile, clearly hoping to push my buttons first thing in the morning. Well he was certainly in luck today.

Recovering from the shock of his sudden entrance, I jab right back at him. "It must be nice to be so hard of thinking that both your brain cells are heading for divorce." I don't turn back to face him when I say this, but I hear cackling laughter come from behind me. When I turn back around, Kittle is standing next to Bosa looking he is about to wet himself.

When he finally gets a hold of himself again, George turns to Bosa to goad him. "Come on Nick that was funny and you know it." He pokes the side of his face. "Smile a little, don't be crabby when you started it." I grinned at Bosa knowing that I won this round.

"Not that this hasn't been lovely, but why are you guys here? My appointments weren't supposed to start until 10." I ask as politely as I can with Bosa present.

"You're late for the mandatory trainers meeting. Nick stalled for you but you need to give Shanahan this on your way in" George answers while tossing me a donut bag. I sigh gratefully and chase them both down the hallway.

A long and monotonous staff meeting later, I'm back in my office. Thankfully Shanahan forgave my tardiness due to Kittle's donut, but I'm still stuck on why Bosa would cover for me. Hate is a strong word, but our relationship has definitely been strained from almost the beginning. At first everything felt like a normal coworkers relationship with a little more razzing. I thought he was just messing with me because I went to Michigan, but it's gone farther than that for the last few months. Every time I turn around anymore he is antagonizing me and trying to embarrass me in front of the team. In the last month alone he loosened the bolts of my chair, "accidentally" spilled red Gatorade all over my white trainers top (while I was wearing it), and got a couple of the guys to crash a date I went on. I really liked the guy too, but he didn't want anything to do with me after seeing so many guys keep crashing our dates. I have no idea what I did to him, but it's starting to get on my last nerve.

My routine appointments for the day go by as normal. Exercises and treatments all tend to blur together when you do so many in a week with so many different players. Now that's the end of the day, I'm just starting to clean up my office of all the tape and extra equipment when I hear a quick knock on the outside of my door. I look up to see Tre Greenlaw dragging Bosa into my office. He smiles sheepishly at me as he guides a grumbling Bosa to my table.

"His back is spasming out of control and he kept refusing to see a trainer. Now you're the only one left, so you get to deal with him." Greenlaw explains and I nod grabbing some of the warming oil I left out on the counter.

I turn my attention to Bosa. "Take off your shirt and lay on your stomach."

"No. I'm fine." He grunts as another spasm takes over. I roll my eyes at his stubbornness.

"Jesus Bosa just do it. It's obvious you're in pain and this will make it feel better." I say with no room for argument in my voice. He sighs and finally starts to cooperate. He delicately removes his tank top and hisses at the pain that must be shooting down his back. My breath hitches for just a moment as I see his chiseled torso come into full view. Thankfully neither he nor Greenlaw catch onto this. What is the matter with me? I can't find him attractive, he hates me.